General Trading Chat

Raj232

PE ratio wise -> Price to Earnings, we are at 2017 levels from where market rallied non-stop till 2019 while all were expecting a correction.. :up::up:

Expecting much higher levels soon .. election fever cannot stop in between. Adani / Ambani / LIC funds cannot dry up mid-way :cool::cool:
They need to keep the market green by hook or by crook .. :DD:DD

Moreover, foreign funds are secretly buying in cash market including Govt of Singapore, that invests in India.
Although, it might sound patriotic, even from a financial angle, the market is not that high as compared to the valuation for main stream / large cap stocks .

travi

I feel there is higher high to be made, thats why all media houses are reporting about war like conditions etc.
Nobody reported about N Korea , doing any testing of nukes while the bull market was ongoing.. this might be a news driven scenario, where they want retail to sell while the biggies buy the stock cheap.

View attachment 50680

PE ratio wise -> Price to Earnings, we are at 2017 levels from where market rallied non-stop till 2019 while all were expecting a correction.. :D:D
Arre raj bhai, this was discussed long back. PE ratio calculation was changed by NSE, that is why that big dump from 40 to 30 in 2021 in your chart

This has been a bad trick being peddled. And its very unlikely to calc old PE using new formula bcos where will you get the consolidated earnings reports. NSE has never decided to back date.
But in short, PE of APR-24 is not the same a PE of APR-17 ( if there was 10pt drop in new formula, todays PE would be around 33 in old stds )
Its still wrong in that way to add 10, bcos earlier Co were showing better numbers in listed entity, and pushing rubbish to subsidiary etc. By reporting consolidated earnings, such accounting tactics wont work.

Few other members had also posted like Vivekbhai, and those posts are deeply buried and search func in TJ not working.

Last edited:

Verde

@Verde : Hope your sensex chart is now fixed :)):))

View attachment 50608

This is self explanatory..
Rs 50 to Rs 400 .. all possible !!
Haven't looked at the N/BN from 1 month, only trading ES and MNQ. :DD
Knowing Fiinvasia, the chart will only get fixed after a few years. :eekk::mad:

I see that timepass is buying mfs left and right using the $5 billion stashed away in his Swiss bank account :pp:DD

Arre raj bhai, this was discussed long back. PE ratio calculation was changed by NSE, that is why that big dump from 40 to 30 in 2021 in your chart

This has been a bad trick being peddled. And its very unlikely to calc old PE using new formula bcos where will you get the consolidated earnings reports. NSE has never decided to back date.
But in short, PE of APR-24 is not the same a PE of APR-17 ( if there was 10pt drop in new formula, todays PE would be around 33 in old stds )
Its still wrong in that way to add 10, bcos earlier Co were showing better numbers in listed entity, and pushing rubbish to subsidiary etc.
By reporting consolidated earnings, such accounting tactics wont work.
Words of wisdom that few will listen to. Truth is forbidden.

My 2 cents which may be useless. The BN top is done, so take your money and run.
No idea about Nifty.

travi

The results season has just started. So, more news driven reactions can be expected either way.

TCS kicked it off yesterday, with better than expected results.

TCS share price: Q4 results 2024 beat market estimates. Is this a share to buy on Monday — April 15?

https://www.livemint.com/market/sto...to-buy-on-monday-april-15-11712982761360.html
We need to see, other metrics like job hiring etc are at lowest. Little window dressing? :DD

Vaise our CPI has come at 4.85% vs est of 5% and food at 8.5%... so i dont know whether to cheer or weep :p

travi

Haven't looked at the N/BN from 1 month, only trading ES and MNQ. :DD
Knowing Fiinvasia, the chart will only get fixed after a few years. :eekk::mad:

I see that timepass is buying mfs left and right using the $5 billion stashed away in his Swiss bank account :pp:DD

Words of wisdom that few will listen to. Truth is forbidden.

My 2 cents which may be useless. The BN top is done, so take your money and run.
No idea about Nifty.
everything is 2X, 5X 10X aur kya chahiye :p

There are some fund flows expected June onwards, isn't that so ? I don't exactly remember what it is - FTSE inclusion or MSCI inclusion or bond inflows or something. The inflows are expected to continue at $10billion per month or so.

Maybe the indices will see a sideways / downside before that.

Anyway, no scrips in my 40-50 watchlist are showing 52 week lows, so not really the time to add the equities. MF, mostly debt, and almost all of the NFOs.

Raj232

Apparently all the Gilt / Govt. securities funds are quoting near year lows. I wonder why ?
Either :
1. They want retail to sell , so that they can buy before market falls
2. Likely scenario: market is going to go up, so the securities funds are switching to equity funds..

E.g. banknifty was at its pre-covid highs of 32000 level in Jan 2021.
Currently, 48500 level in April 2024

So in 3 yrs 3 months .. Banknifty has given only 16% per year in these bullish times.. which is a pretty low figure.. Likely that Banknifty index will touch the 64K mark soon...

Last edited: