General Trading Chat

Sunnyraj

In the cash market you can only play long unless you wish to do margin trades as well. Margin trades are very risky ( You probably read the potty story) and also you have to square off your positions by end of day.

If you know a few basics of the futures market you can start tomorrow morning. Its no different from trading in the cash market. If you want to learn to swim, you gotta enter waist deep water at least.

There are a few stocks like ONGC, Reliance which IMO are not very very volatile. So you can learn by taking trades in some of these stock. You will get burnt a few times but thats a part of the game. You should avoid options for now.

Plan your trade, execute the trade and manage the trade. Know where the door out is before you enter. Just my 2 C

Thanks for your comments :)

As you pointed out , i did try taking margin trades on short side , but could hardly be profitable.

There are a few stocks like ONGC, Reliance which IMO are not very very volatile. So you can learn by taking trades in some of these stock.
Point noted .

Thanks, i think they have not considered the charges part which in our case(NF)
requires us to make about 6 points more in winners than loser to make it breakeven.
I can say with my personal experience most of the time, in HPT setup we require stop between 5-10 point, talking about 3-5 TF , so this money management makes perfect sense if we trust the math & exiting half at 2R, based on actual risk on total quantity & then keep remaining at break even, & even if we able to catch 3-5 good swing in month, it's more than enough. Rest personal preferences.
All the best,

Riskyman

You told to start with less volatile stocks. So how about RELIANCE as suggested by you :)
Here is a hourly chart of Reliance Industries from 6th feb till date (Whatever would fit on my screen). I've used a 7 & 21 period Simple moving average. Set up, as you can is very simple. Go short when 7 SMA crosses 21 SMA on the downside and long when cross on the upside. Exit on the next crossover when in profits or you can trail your SL. Every now and then you will chopped around and you will loose some money. But I can tell you one thing that if you take each and every entry without a bias, you will end up catching some really huge moves. Moves that will cover up for all your small losses and give you more than you can hold in your pockets.

Point Im making is that trading can be as simple as this. No complicated set ups, no drawing 20 trendlines etc. Unfortunately, for our human mind, the simple things in life dont make an appeal. We believe that if its this simple then it wont work.