General Trading Chat

Riskyman

Looks like the FIIs will be back in India, now that US government is giving less interest. Maybe it is good for us despite the declaration of "global slowdown" by USA.
Explained: Significance of US Federal Reserves rate cut and its impact on India
https://indianexpress.com/article/e...eral-reserves-rate-cut-indian-market-5868212/
Actually, it is insignificant. Isn't it?? When the first time rates were raised in the US, everyone said money flow to EMs will slow down. Rates went up to 2% and the money flow to India didn't stop. Infact more money came to India than ever before. So, why should it be of any significance now if rates are cute by a mere 0.25%??

Actually, it is insignificant. Isn't it?? When the first time rates were raised in the US, everyone said money flow to EMs will slow down. Rates went up to 2% and the money flow to India didn't stop. Infact more money came to India than ever before. So, why should it be of any significance now if rates are cute by a mere 0.25%??
Maybe this is the beginning of the next QE, QE5.

In a few months' time, they will find some other excuse to lower the rates.

Investors in India should be worried about the lowered interest rates here. Bank FDs will yield lesser and lesser with time. In a few years' time we may even have a negative interest rate.

soft_trader

Investors in India should be worried about the lowered interest rates here. Bank FDs will yield lesser and lesser with time. In a few years' time we may even have a negative interest rate.
Negative interest rate like Japan? I doubt that would happen given the inflation we have.

Riskyman

QE is different from rate cuts. While rate cuts are routine policy tools to contain inflation, QE is the big daddy of money flow into the system. Its basically printing money out of nowhere. We are not yet there. They will have to exhaust the rate cut cycle before embarking on QE again.

Yes. This is a concern for people living off of Bank interest. However, Its a boon for people borrowing money(or so they say). If you have read my comments in the past, I have always said very low levels of Inflation is bad for India. India, traditionally has been a high inflation market when growth is robust. Coming down from 7% to 5% has not helped us at all. In fact, it has made matter worse as one class of people are unwilling to spend money as they want to save up every bit for a rainy day. Also, our banks have not transmitted all the benefits of lower inflation/lower rates to the consumers. Whats the point then?

I think our people should stop being so inflation driven and take steps to get growth back on track(even if that means higher inflation for sometime). GDP growth coming off from 8% to now 6.5% is not funny.
As i see it, things are going to get worse from here. Already seeing head counts going down in many sectors. IT guys with many years of experience are finding it tough to find new jobs. Dekhte hai kya hota hai....

Negative interest rate like Japan? I doubt that would happen given the inflation we have.
The statistics reveal that we have 2-4% inflation since last 5 years :D Tomorrow the stats could show that the we are having deflation.

QE is different from rate cuts. While rate cuts are routine policy tools to contain inflation, QE is the big daddy of money flow into the system. Its basically printing money out of nowhere. We are not yet there. They will have to exhaust the rate cut cycle before embarking on QE again.
Ha !! potato, potaato ... both have the same effect of easing liquidity in the markets. Both are an admission of slowdown.

Yes. This is a concern for people living off of Bank interest. However, Its a boon for people borrowing money(or so they say). If you have read my comments in the past, I have always said very low levels of Inflation is bad for India. India, traditionally has been a high inflation market when growth is robust. Coming down from 7% to 5% has not helped us at all. In fact, it has made matter worse as one class of people are unwilling to spend money as they want to save up every bit for a rainy day. Also, our banks have not transmitted all the benefits of lower inflation/lower rates to the consumers. Whats the point then?

I think our people should stop being so inflation driven and take steps to get growth back on track(even if that means higher inflation for sometime). GDP growth coming off from 8% to now 6.5% is not funny.
As i see it, things are going to get worse from here. Already seeing head counts going down in many sectors. IT guys with many years of experience are finding it tough to find new jobs. Dekhte hai kya hota hai....
That's why I advise people to buy a property now, specially if you intend to live there yourself. Somebody give me 1 crore and I will buy a property in Surat :D :D

Sidz

ST Da,
The total turnover in futures must be on higher side since I have traded multiple times, but the zerodha tax P/L Statement shows futures turnover figure of around 23000.

Can anyone let me know if I can rely on Tax P/L Statement of Zerodha to file returns on ITR2

soft_trader

ST Da,
The total turnover in futures must be on higher side since I have traded multiple times, but the zerodha tax P/L Statement shows futures turnover figure of around 23000.

Can anyone let me know if I can rely on Tax P/L Statement of Zerodha to file returns on ITR2
P/L report of zerodha console is highly accurate. Turnover is the sum of total profit+loss, and not of contract value.