General Trading Chat

VJAY

@VIJAY, I am not a regular here, but whenever I get time I usually come to this thread mainly to gain wisdom from @Smart_trade sir's posts and sometimes I share my thoughts and new learnings here. Hence I will not be able to dedicatedly run a thread. However if anyone has queries they can post the queries by tagging my id and I will try to reply to them.

Coming to Pair trading, it is not new, just that it is not yet popular in India, hence I feel there is lot of potential and one can explore it further. If you are new to Pair trading you can start first with a very nice tutorial by Karthik Rangappa on Zerodha varsity.
URL: https://zerodha.com/varsity/module/trading-systems/.
You can understand both the Pair trading methods mentioned there however the 2nd method is more robust and should be sufficient for simple trading.

If you want to explore futher complex concepts you can later refer to these books:
Pairs Trading: Quantitative Methods and Analysis by Ganapathy Vidyamurthy
Algorithmic Trading: Winning Strategies and their rationale by Ernest P. Chan
Thanks for the links dear ncube....no need to regular for opening a thread ....when ever you get time you can visit and help with answering some real querries ...

Riskyman

Does a
Hi
My amibroker crashed & shut down suddenly & showing that error ..I attached a screenshot..I am not technical or computer or software savvy..please suggest what to do in this situation.

.you can reply here ..here seprate thread for technical problems..please reply here , so it didnt restrict the flow of this thread
http://www.traderji.com/community/t...r-intraday-trading.106714/page-3#post-1297027
thanks
I notice that your Operating system does not have a service pack for Windows 7. Please download windows service pack 1 for windows 7.
A service pack is nothing more than a series of updates combined in to a pack.
Below is a link to the Microsoft help page. https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/15090/windows-7-install-service-pack-1-sp1

Please read it carefully and install the pack after establishing if your OS is a 32 bit or a 64 bit system.
Once the service pack is installed, please remove and re-install amibroker to ensure there are no corrupt Dll files.

Alternatively, you could choose to update your system by gping to Control panel -> System -> Windows Update -> Check for Updates.
Allow the update to take place which could take 30-120 minutes. restart and re-install amibroker.
Apart from that have an updated Anti-virus( although Amibroker crash may not be due to virus), clear your temp files regularly, run CC Cleaner to clean up your registry. Some of these things will just help your system be healthy in the long run.

Imo, these crashes happen when windows perform some illegal memory access / illegal operations. Having a sound and up to date Operating system helps.

Good luck

augubhai

Some more details about the proposed extended trading timings....

Link to article: https://www.bloombergquint.com/mark...get-ready-for-derivative-trading-till-1155-pm

According to the framework:
  • There shall be two trading sessions with a break of about 60-90 minutes.
  • The first session would be between 9:15 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
The First Session
The exchange would allow trading to continue from the previous day’s second (evening) session. That’s because it doesn’t want its members to settle trades in the night. Moreover, there would be thin trading on most days in the night, said a senior NSE official on condition of anonymity.
Trade modification will be allowed till 4:00 p.m. and all orders outstanding after 3:30 p.m. would be cancelled, as is the case now. More details would follow in a separate circular, the exchange said.

The Second Session
It would extend from 5:00 p.m. to 11:55 p.m. The exchange would issue a separate circular to confirm the timings after getting approval from the regulator. The second session will start with fresh orders.
  • On the last day of the contract— the last Thursday of the month—next month’s contracts would be eligible to trade.
  • The exchange will allow trade modification till 11:55 p.m. All outstanding orders after that would be cancelled.
  • The exchange will allow all trade records to continue in next morning’s session.

VJAY

So many who not able to trade in day due to office will come evening for trade in derivatives ...:) ..then how it helps SEBI to save small traders :) ..they will do job in day and later evening they give it to market :D

vikas2131

I am worried about liquidity drying up in the middle of the long day. Let's see how it plays out...

A few years back, I had been very interested in trading VIX futures when it was first launched, but there was hardly any volume to trade that.
Liquidity will stay where it is now because cash market will not open after 3:30. Most of trading will be done in index except on special days