General Trading Chat

What exactly is form 16 for Income Tax returns ??

From what I remember, Form 16 was needed at the Bank for opening an account if you didn't have a PAN.
For opening account in bank if you dont have PAN .... you will have to provide form 60 (not 16) or form 61

Can you trust your insurer? From fraudulent calls to illegal policies, many issues plague the sector

Policyholders are usually unware of the policies sold until the time of the renewal when reminders are sent.

M Saraswathy@maamitalks
A year ago, I received a text message one fine day saying that my premium of Rs 15,000 for a policy purchased from a small private life insurer was due. I was shocked because I hadn't bought any such policy from the said insurer. Not willing to let this pass, when I did some further investigation, it was found that an agent had bought a policy in my name using his existing database. Sounds very similar to a recent case involving officials of a large private bank and its allied insurance company where unaware customers were duped into buying insurance.

Trust deficit has been one of the biggest concerns of the insurance industry. Being a push product whose distribution is largely driven by banks and insurance agents, illegal policies being sold are not uncommon. Targets are said to be unreasonably high similar to any customer facing business.

Unit-linked insurance products (Ulips) led to mistrust reaching an all-time high in the period prior to September 2010. Non-viable returns were promised and the product was equated to an equity investment which lead to thousands of customers burning their fingers and buying products for the short term expecting their investments to double. Complaints mounted, policy surrenders multiplied and finally the regulator cracked down by reducing commissions, putting a five-year lock-in period and making the returns structure in Ulips more transparent. Now, Ulips are among the most transparent insurance products primarily taken by individuals with the requisite risk appetite.

As per Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), all insurance intermediaries are liable for penalty and cancellation for fraudulent sale of policies.

Inflated returns promised or products sold in the name of fixed deposits are the usual modus operandi used to lure buyers. Policyholders are usually unaware of the policies sold until the time of the renewal when reminders are sent. Being a long-term product, only if the policy remains in-force for the entire policy term does the premium paid gets returned to the customer. If surrendered prematurely, a sum is deducted from the money being returned.

For customers with no steady income, being pushed to buy a five- or ten-year term policy can be a financial strain. Another large life insurer is also under the lens of IRDAI for allegedly making customers pay multiple premiums in place of a single premium to obtain higher commissions.

To ensure that customer satisfaction and trust is measured, Net Promoter Score is being actively used across insurance companies that measures how satisfied their policyholders are. Blacklists of erring individuals have also been created, but insurers are still shy of sharing data on an industry-wide scale.

Though this could be an ideal beginning, the fact that banks and agents obtain a lot of customer data that can be misused is a fact that cannot be denied. How the regulator and the insurers crackdown on such misuse and instantly eliminate wrong-doers from the system is a space to watch.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...es-many-issues-plague-the-sector-2472513.html

Guys, how many stocks do you have in your portfolio?

I am new to trading, i currently have 22 stocks, around 30 more on watchlist. Is this too much diversification, should I rather have more money into few selected stocks , or 20-30 stocks are normal for an average portfolio?

Hi all, does any one have further info on Aadhar linkage to Bank account. Today I tried to link, but cancelled because HDFC message says that by linking Aadhar HDFC gets the right of access to finger prints and other bioinformatics, why is this so? Has everybody here linked aadhar to bank account?
"by linking Aadhar HDFC gets the right of access to finger prints and other bioinformatics" ... :(:(

..... ???

Then HDFC Bank can legally take all my money from my fixed deposits , from saving bank account (extra balance I kept there for trading in shares) .......

AND ....... use all those money to issue me
multiple DUD INSURANCE Policies ........ earning huge insurance commission by sinking all my savings ...... :wtf::wtf:

AS they already have my biometric consent ...... :dead::dead:

Reminds me of a scene in movie
Ghost-rider ......where Devil gets consent of the hero of the film to sell his soul .....