General Trading Chat

Hello Friends,
Can you suggest some good stocks that have corrected and have good value.

Which stocks are now inexpensive for a long term horizon.

thanks
ST has listed some shares in his posts. Of course, PSU Banks as a whole look pretty good. Or if unable to decide, you can simply buy the Bees (NiftyBEES, BankBEES etc).
Yes, Bajaj Finance, HDFC,Maruti,Asian Paints ,cement companies,sanitaryware all hit by demonetisation. So one has to take a call whether all going to stop buying hoses,painting their homes,buying cars or it is a temporary phenomenon. If a good company is hit by such temporary issues and the stock comes down, that is the best opportunity to buy...if one believes in future of our country. But fundamentally I dont see any problem with any of these companies....

Smart_trade

Check if there's a dividend.
the results were perceived as bad by the analysts. And Hindalco supposedly had good results but ends up near day lows today :D

One analyst on Bloomberg (don't remember his name) made the most accurate analysis "The markets are not doing anything rational at present"

LIC lost the battle. Just a 100 points away from breaking 8000. :D
Ashwani Gujral had said 2-3 days ago that we may re-test the lows (8002 spot). Maybe that is just it.

But difficult for me to believe that the market is in a bear grip at this moment. I guess a decisive break of 7500 would mean it.

Got whipsawed a bit on nifty today getting sls hit twice. Did some long term stock picking. Don't know if it's a mental block or what. Not able to bring myself to short stocks at these levels.
Exact opposite here. Helluva busy day. Shorted so many stocks, bought PEs. All bets more than handsomely paid off. :)

Hamare toh acche din aa gaye hai lagta hai. :D

Last edited:
Hello Friends,
Can you suggest some good stocks that have corrected and have good value.

Which stocks are now inexpensive for a long term horizon.

thanks
More retail guys jump to buy, perhaps more the market will fall! Just my view and I could be wrong but I have seen this happening so many times. In the past dips, around 8400, some folks here bought Tata Motors and TCS see where they end up today. Both stocks are near their 52 weeks low.

My view is that some bounce back can happen around 8000 levels but there is definitely more pain left. Choice is yours, buy now or wait for downfall to subside. I won't recommend any stocks as I consider them as tips, but go for growth and properly or undervalued stock in the mid-cap and small cap segments. :)

Last edited:
One analyst on Bloomberg (don't remember his name) made the most accurate analysis "The markets are not doing anything rational at present"
As a student of economics I remember this quote of Keynes very well and it is very true: “the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.” :)

But slight difference here, IMO market was irrational above 8000 and stayed quite longer there :)