General Trading Chat

XRAY27

it would help ST if others who are also experienced contribute in their way by way of reply or putting up a thread on topic. How many things ST can do alone?
Pratap ji..

please go through previous posts in this regard,have contributed many things on intra day to the forum closed the threads due to time constraint and leg pulling and also posted my position on R:R in previous post/s..so as moderator and most experienced trader he should answer the remaining things. :)

Thanks but people have made their minds and my views won't help them change theirs.So cannot enlighten anyone....it is either one appreciates or one does not.

But having no regard for RR is the reason we see day traders book 5 points profit on a trend day and swing traders take 60-70 points risk but chicken out in 30 points up/down moves and book profits of 15-20 points and feel afraid of taking a next trade .

Smart_trade
Da !!! Is this comes under RR or there method...?? ...i'm also restricting my posts on this subject ..

pratapvb

Pratap ji..

please go through previous posts in this regard,have contributed many things on intra day to the forum closed the threads due to time constraint and leg pulling and also posted my position on R:R in previous post/s..so as moderator and most experienced trader he should answer the remaining things. :)
I know you have contributed before....just said that if everyone leaves it to him he is over burdened

just a thought

if you have noticed recently sometimes when people ask about vp-mp ...even though it is addressed to ST, I reply. My intention in that case is only to lessen his burden

wisp

it would help ST if others who are also experienced contribute in their way by way of reply or putting up a thread on topic. How many things ST can do alone?

Often too many cooks spoil the broth. ST Da's posts have special value. Some well intentioned people put in some misinformation for lack of knowledge. Experience need not necessarily mean successful experience. (PS Not talking about XRAY bro here, his posts have helped me)

pratapvb

Often too many cooks spoil the broth. ST Da's posts have special value. Some well intentioned people put in some misinformation for lack of knowledge. Experience need not necessarily mean successful experience. (PS Not talking about XRAY bro here, his posts have helped me)
thanks...maybe XRAY was right ...others have no place to answer anything here.

I was going to start a thread showing the entire Jan 2016 on 5ama+15ama and with vwap s/rs. Had even started saving the images. Will not bother now. Why waste time?

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.

I was going to start a thread showing the entire Jan 2016 on 5ama+15ama and with vwap s/rs. Had even started saving the images. Will not bother now. Why waste time?
Pratap sir please go ahead, I am sure there are many silent people here who would love to learn from you. Please don't get disenchanted.
Thanks
Regards
Vivek

wisp

Pratap sir, I was not refering to your method at all. I am sure it will help many people, please start your thread. I think you have misunderstood me. For e.g. let's take XRAY27 bro's thread on D&S he was teaching D&S in a very systematic fashion and there was a lot of learning going on there. If everyone jumps in and starts adding their views of D&S then things get complicated and get deviated from the original thread starter's flow of teaching. There are different ways of looking at D&S and each is valid, but XRAY bro's way of looking at it is his way and thats what we are there to learn about when we are in his thread, not the 100 other ways of looking at D&S. Same goes for your threads also. Same with any topic, allow a teacher to teach his understanding, thats all I meant. There are abstract learnings, specific learnings and teacher specific learnings and queries :) No disrespect intended to anyone.

Last edited:

Dear Pratap Sir
Please share what you mentioned..I have become silent reader now..but I have read every post by you & st da & other senior trader always..
I am using your afl very successfully in my trading..Now I am looking forward for some example from you on 5min ama & 15 min ama...I am observing it.but example & chart by you will make it more clear to me ..
please share
thanks