General Trading Chat

@Jmd
how can smbody fr sure know beforehand dat d his position may go bankrupt or nt overnite ?:)
Just my two cents to your question:

It's probably less the "Beforhand" topic" instead more "What did the past show and what did we learn by it?" topic. And the event in the Swissy is such a reminder to many traders who do trade unprotected. A reminder learned the very hard way for those currencies traders who walked again in the falling knife with this currencie. (The day when the Sfr was fixed to 1.20 against the Euro some unproteded traders made huge losses and now it was vice versa and traders made again huge losses)

For another analyst, the events of 15 January are strangely familiar. Simon Derrick, head of the markets strategy team at BNY Mellon, writes, “The other fascinating bit about today's move is how it echoes how events played out in the late 1970s and early 1980s given that the peg then lasted roughly the same length of time as the just abandoned currency regime. We believe that the currency markets have returned to environment that is surprisingly similar to that in force during the early part of the 1980s and today's move provides yet another eerie reminder of that time.”

Take care and have a nice weekend / Dan :)

Jai Mata Di

@Jmd
how can smbody fr sure know beforehand dat d his position may go bankrupt or nt overnite ?:)

Good question. That's why we have to eliminate maximum risk from our overnight derivative trades.

I have innovated my own trading style to eliminate maximum overnight risk carrying nifty future following way:-

Before entering for an overnight derivative trade with open position, I ensure 1st the max loss that can happen. I trade my swing trade with Nifty Future(also with option during strong trend) INTRADAY as a day trader then square off. When I require to continue OVERNIGHT SWING, I buy option(instead of nifty future, I use option CE/PE with 10-20% of capital) few minutes before market closing. By doing that my maximum risk is limited to only max 10-20% of capital which I used to buy options.
I mostly use overnight positions few min before market closing using option during start of a strong trend or in anticipation of gapup/gapdown. I have invented that useful strategy as a bonus income for a day trader with limited risk. :D

Hope this idea help to some trader friends also. :)

Best Wishes & Happy Trading.

H.C.

RAAMAKANT

If you ever have the opportunity to watch a successful trader, you will see that
they don't worry about where the market is going or about predicting when the next big move will take place.
They aren't looking to tweak their indicator. They are worried about their risk on each trade.
Is the trade being executed correctly? How much of their total account is at risk? Are the stops in the right place? And so on.