General Trading Chat

Dax Devil

I dont think Dabba trading will flourish after the increase in lot size. It is not very easy for retail traders to get into dabba trading. Plus Dabba trading can be very easily stopped if the Govt decides as this trading is to be done through physical outlets and not through on the net virtual outlets like tips giving sites.We hardly see any dabba trading outlets these days.

Smart_trade
The dubba trading comes in many colors and flavors, friend. The dubba trading I am talking of is not semi-legal sort which is used to launder money . I am talking of dubba trading in which a group of people become the virtual exchange and the broker. Mainly it is played by the people who want to trade like you and I but don't want government to know from where the playing money comes from and where the profit/loss goes to. All black, all on trust, high brokerage. In bombay there are many outfits as such, almost all dealing in commodities, particularly in gold and silver. There are arbitrary margins from person to person, decided by the bosses. For example, I go in there and put 50k on the table and say, I want to go long on 2 lots gold at CMP with brokerage of say 600 per lot, win or loss. No actual trade gets executed, just an Odin or nest screen showing prices. If say price goes down to the level of 50k loss. Either I am out of trade or I ask for to let it play and give me time to arrange more money - that is the margin. 80% of the times this 50k becomes 150k and end up in bosses pockets sooner or later. And I suspect the same thing is going to happen to Nifty, coz I think BNF is already being played. BTW, Stock market that we all play eventually does the same legally, and to lesser scale. Only difference is, Dubba people don't like too many winners, and they have ways to discourage them.
How do know I all this? Well, I was once offered a job by a big tipper from bombay on moneycontrol to help him cater a cartel of jewellers who regularly speculated on gold and silver in obscene quantity. 5000 per tip plus percentage share on profit.

lemondew

Can someone clear this for me pls xray, st, vjay, timepass, tr, raghuveer, jagan, tlahui and all others. Even if this may ve been answered bfore . Why such an amount is to be blocked for 1 lot. Assuming 52K margin 75 lot size.

bro I really didnt understand???

With 20 pt SL and 1900 Rs loss for every hit. with 150000 After margin you left out with 98000. To loose that you need to loose 98000/1900 which is 51 times. Why 150000 for 1 lot?

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Can someone clear this for me pls xray, st, vjay, timepass, tr, raghuveer, jagan, tlahui and all others. Even if this may ve been answered bfore . Why such an amount is to be blocked for 1 lot. Assuming 52K margin 75 lot size.
So how do you determine how much you should risk?

As you know, you should never risk more than 1-2% of your trading account on any single trade, which is why your trading capital will determine how much money you can trade with. However, the size of your stop loss will also determine the size of your position, because whatever your trading capital is, the larger the stop loss, the more you will have to reduce your position size to make sure that you keep within the correct limits of money management.

XRAY27

This is money management part in trading which says don't risk more then 1 to 2 % of your trading capital on single trade..normal stop loss for nifty fut for intra day point wise is 20 pts,basing on this the trading capital will be 1,50,000 and the capital which we put at broker is risk capital (margin).. main base of calculation is to have trades even after repeated draw down with failed trades ..

As TR bhai said.. lot depends on position size,SL,and trade consistence with the system he follows

lemondew

Thanks I think i understood better. Very clear. As long as you have 150000 you can trade 1 lot nifty so that you can loose a 100 times. assuming no brokerage taxes. I generally keep only 55000 in trading account and rest in bank and move to and fro.

More because of this
http://www.traderji.com/derivatives/93139-issues-unicon-securities.html

Thanks again.....

So how do you determine how much you should risk?

As you know, you should never risk more than 1-2% of your trading account on any single trade, which is why your trading capital will determine how much money you can trade with. However, the size of your stop loss will also determine the size of your position, because whatever your trading capital is, the larger the stop loss, the more you will have to reduce your position size to make sure that you keep within the correct limits of money management.
This is money management part in trading which says don't risk more then 1 to 2 % of your trading capital on single trade..normal stop loss for nifty fut for intra day point wise is 20 pts,basing on this the trading capital will be 1,50,000 and the capital which we put at broker is risk capital (margin).. main base of calculation is to have trades even after repeated draw down with failed trades ..

As TR bhai said.. lot depends on position size,SL,and trade consistence with the system he follows

TraderRavi

low risk profile

lemondew

Seems like unicon securities retail customers have still not got money. This happened in march 2014. What a great loss that would be. More than 1 year trading capital unavailable :eek::eek: This is loss without any stop loss. The only SL here would be never put all your trading capital at once with one broker.

you can keep as low as possible with broker just 10-15k above margin for MTM & rest in bank .

@8600, margin around 52 K per lot nifty
in zerodha charges 145 rs per lot(+50 stamp duty).
20 point SL will cost 1500 bucks , so if risk is 1% , you need 150,000 per lot :D
zerodha brokerage calculator shows that the breakeven for NF will come down from 2.13 to 1.46 (plus stamp duty). Sounds like a scalper's paradise. Will increase participation in Nifty. Maybe the volatility will increase.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
zerodha brokerage calculator shows that the breakeven for NF will come down from 2.13 to 1.46 (plus stamp duty). Sounds like a scalper's paradise. Will increase participation in Nifty. Maybe the volatility will increase.
rs 145 = around 2 points + stamp duty of 50/-

Tlahuicole

Lemon dew mate it was an example by TR bhai. It is always better to have 100 time max initial SL for a trade in our trading account. So, if you are a 3 min tf trader and your SL is only 10 per trader, your risk is 1000 INR after deductions, in this case we must have atleast 100R in our account or 75R, which is around 75k to 100k.

Learning traders will be affected by this, 100K is a big amount for 80% of those who want to earn trading...