General Trading Chat

Riskyman

Yes Riskyman....quotes are frozen for me...perhaps have early lunch to pass time :lol: But i am quite satisfied with Pi of late, it has improved a lot since initial days. Hope Zerodha works on it :annoyed:
Thanks for your response. Thankfully Im with 2 brokers so could figure out something was wrong. People trading solely with zerodha can end up missing some nice moves or worse end up loosing money if their system doesnt update quotes in time.

rahulmalik

You only lose what you cling to.
I had to turn on the TV to see what Nifty spot was at. Market at 62 and zerodha pi is showing 52 points. Lol.
i have seen delay of around 5 to 10 mins on most TV channels. which channel gives u real time update (+/- few seconds) ?

Riskyman

i have seen delay of around 5 to 10 mins on most TV channels. which channel gives u real time update (+/- few seconds) ?
Are you saying that on CNBC markets open at 9:20-9:25 AM instead of 9:15?. :D

Icici was showing 63 points up and same from CNBC as well.
TV feeds also have delays but thats mostly decided by the channel because they want to keep that lag deliberately as a buffer for some programs.

risky

in that case your ZT was completely out of sync and had server issues , i was not talking about that problem .

i meant that incase all is well then there is no point in not trusting any broker ..............however these things do happen , NYSE was completely shut down for hours ,what can one do ?..............someday your other broker would be down ...........what would you say/ do ?............it happens

TV feeds also have delays but thats mostly decided by the channel because they want to keep that lag deliberately as a buffer for some programs.
Correct, same quotes on TV and the trading platform most of the time except in rare cases of a very fast move. Tend to trust the trading platform quotes in those times as long as 2 platforms showing approximately the same quotes.

rahulmalik

You only lose what you cling to.

Thanks. A nice suggestion for all of traders bhai here. When i need to get urgent access to Nifty , currency, or stocks, I use NSE app on android. it works even on 2g connection. I loved it :)