General Trading Chat

manishchan

Just a query. Which bank provides transaction password as OTP for every online transfer. i.e. To buy something online I have to put a password which comes on my mobile in addition to my internet banking password. I know axis bank does this. Any other banks?
IMO all banks doing OTP for transaction....federal bank,SBI,corporation bank @ least I know...
HDFC Bank also.
Yes.. all banks do that. Per RBI guidelines OTP is mandatory for online transactions.. same as pin necessary for debit card swiping..

rahulmalik

You only lose what you cling to.
Today in NF....... 5 min 10:20 WRB did break the previous three days high with very high volume and 9:25 bar did also break the important downward trend line ......... this is definitely a strong bullish sign and very soon we will see the upward rally....:):thumb:

HEM
What is WRB ?

lemondew

May be but in hdfc bank no otp is required for online transfer.
OTP is required only for adding a beneficiary to your online transfer list.

If you want to shop with amazon / flipkart using internet banking again no OTP is required you only have to put one password. They provide facility to put password though mouse clicking rather than typing as security.
But positively no OTP........

Hence I at times feel it is less secure than axis bank internet banking

Yes.. all banks do that. Per RBI guidelines OTP is mandatory for online transactions.. same as pin necessary for debit card swiping..

sudoku1

May be but in hdfc bank no otp is required for online transfer.
OTP is required only for adding a beneficiary to your online transfer list.

If you want to shop with amazon / flipkart using internet banking again no OTP is required you only have to put one password. They provide facility to put password though mouse clicking rather than typing as security.
But positively no OTP........

Hence I at times feel it is less secure than axis bank internet banking
SBI has this OTP for online transactions n I m using it