Forex Alerts!!!

Ankit,
Not sure where you asked me about bracketing but will upload it here anyway.
Bar painted in pink is a narrow range 4 bar and also an Inside day. I typed some comments there.
Key is to be able to understand market volatility and adjust x and y values of numbers above the high and below the low of a narrow range bar. If they are too close to the high and low of the narrow range bar, then you will get whipsawed.......
So buy and sell stops must be wide enough to avoid whipsaws(well at least you can try to protect yourself) but it's not guarenteed. Generally speaking, if you do get whipsawed you must still keep taking the trade in the other direction.
Will explain. Say you placed a bracket order to buy and sell on stops....your buy order is hit and your sell stop becomes your protective stop now. As soon as your buy order is filled you go and double the number of contracts/units whatever(in this case you add to the sells the same number you purchased). So if market turns around and goes the other way you are still in it. If that happens majority of the cases it's worth it to do that way.

Personally I don't like whipsaws; I would rather wait an hour for the market to settle down......but imagine if you understand whether strength lies in support or resistance and come to the market with a strong understanding of the direction of the breakout after an NR7 day?

Hope this helps
Shreenath

Quick Update On USDCAD

Ankit and Satyen,
Today's been a zzzzzzzzz(sleep)day on USDCAD as expected; market trying to reach equilibrium after three wide range days to the downside.

Yesterday's low was never breached.

Support for tonight/tomorrows market on the daily chart is in at
1.1101 to 1.1146 area. Easy to enter in this area if you go to an intraday tick or hourly chart and try to buy when the market tries to exhaust on the intraday chart in the daily support area? You with me? LOL!

If these support area holds, we can put a stop in two ticks below yesterdays low.....as long as it meets the risk management strategy......
and ping once again at least half the position..

First resistance on the daily is around 1.1253 and if that breaks its at 1.1332....planning to get in close to last nights low or in those support areas I mentioned as soon as they hold on the intraday chart and then ping them(half of the size)at the first resistance and watch for the rest for the remaining half..thats my game plan.....)

Not meaning this as a trade recommendation but sharing what happens on these currency pair or just about anything in the market.
Understand where support and resistance lie, see if they hold or break and then make wise decisions...

Regards
Shreenath

Satyen

Thanks LineUpEnergy getting little bit idea how market moves one state to another ,, hmmm i have no data for forex as i dont trade will love to hear you on nifty a you have already got the nifty Data waiting in other thread

Hello Satyen,
Still waiting for my third party software...as soon as I have it I got to start charting nifty first......with whatever I have and then can post the charts....

Regards

shreenath

Thanks LineUpEnergy getting little bit idea how market moves one state to another ,, hmmm i have no data for forex as i dont trade will love to hear you on nifty a you have already got the nifty Data waiting in other thread

Hi Satyen,
Just got back from a wedding; was gone for a few days.

I have been able to chart Nifty on my platform but still need to get it working live or delayed.....

Might try to find some time this weekend to do it.......

I'm interested in trading NIfty too but not for intraday...mostly swing and position trading

Thanks
Shreenath

Thanks will be waiting ............

Satyen

Hi Satyen,
Just got back from a wedding; was gone for a few days.

I have been able to chart Nifty on my platform but still need to get it working live or delayed.....

Might try to find some time this weekend to do it.......

I'm interested in trading NIfty too but not for intraday...mostly swing and position trading

Thanks
Shreenath

Great Shreenath Will be waiting How we can use this Contraction / Expansion Concept for Swing trading eagerly waiting ............