Food for Thought........!

C

Czar

spot on Initias, the upper trendline & 100 ma lies around 4340, so should reach 4200 atleast... though we both reach the conclusion in different ways, but still the same, now for what you are saying (bottoming scenario)the speed of this upside should be faster then the speed of decline... agree with you as usual, thanks & cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

S S

spot on Initias, the upper trendline & 100 ma lies around 4340, so should reach 4200 atleast... though we both reach the conclusion in different ways, but still the same, now for what you are saying (bottoming scenario)the speed of this upside should be faster then the speed of decline... agree with you as usual, thanks & cheers
Czar, you have overlooked one fact. :)

100ma is around 4340 ..... that shall move considerably UP as the market moves up from Nifty 3300...?

If you refer to one of the Nifty charts attached by me in one of the messages above, the target shall be the latest 'iv' which is around 4300.... that's how I arrived at 4300.

Cheers!
SS

C

Czar

Czar, you have overlooked one fact. :)

100ma is around 4340 ..... that shall move considerably UP as the market moves up from Nifty 3300...

Cheers!
SS
Actually that cannot happen... 100 ma is a gentle downward sloping line & a fast move will impact it very less, infact it'll be still coming down even if we reach 4K ... if you see the last rally from 3800 to 4650 dint even make it move up... at 3800 it was at 4730 & when the rally reached 4650 it was at 4611, thus the bear market 100 ma syndrome of sloping down...

C

Czar

anyways we usually getting a midway between us, you said 3300 I said 3400, we reached 3350, now you say 4300 I say 4200 so 4250 settle :D

S S

Hi!

US markets have gone to dogs. And in spite of the interest rates cut in many countries, the Asian and European markets have NOT given up their "Follow the Leader" game, and having similar falls.

With such scenario, India should NOT have any interest rate cut. It shall have no effect whatsoever, and Chiddu will be left with head-scratching.

Attached is the Dow Jones weekly chart. From the all time high in Oct 07 to the low of July 08 was a substantial major fall, that had lead everyone believe about the Bear markets. Chart shows that the subsequent fall is 61 % of this fall from Oct07 to Jul 08.... that steeeep.

And that too with a Bail out package...etc....etc.

In comparison, India is faaaaaaar better off, as can be seen from the Nifty weekly chart.

Therefore, it appears that the original goal of 3235 by Diwali, has NOT been abandoned by Dear Nifty.

As the chart shows, in the extreme case, the target may get pushed to 3100, but one cannot be sure.

My opinion. I could be wrong and stand corrected.
Cheers!
SS

Last edited:

S S

Initias, seems uptrend program canceled ?
No. Not at all.

If you see the charts today, you would notice that the markets with heavy dependence on the US are deep down, like Japan, Australia, etc.... but the others are lesser down and some turning up, like Singapore.

In fact, the Nifty Futures have NOT opened up there at all, and the Bid/Offer appears to stand at 3284/3290.

What can this indicate? Uncertainity in the minds of people there, whether Indian markets shall follow this trend, or stay away.

That is a positive point to note...!

I still go with the upturn arround or prior to Diwali and from Nifty level of 3235.... or marginally below as quoted in my earlier message.

This is one logic. But there is yet another kind of Logic.

Diwali is special to all Indians.

On Muhurat day, everyone wishes to trade to make money. I wonder what is likely to happen with the Mutual Funds, who are sitting over a large amount of cash.

Because, along with others, if they start heavy, market shall start moving up, and then the rest of the world would find that only Indian markets are showing confidence, that would bring in foreign funds.

This logic is based on "Psychology" and with an assumption, that someone sitting on a lot of cash, may get irritated and may jump in to start buying..... you could call it a wishful thinking, though :)

Cheers! Usual disclaimer applicable.
SS

S S

Hi!

I am worried. How much one can believe Americans? I don't believe them.

But now I hear some American traders talking about 7200 for Dow tonight or thereafter, is a worrying sign. But like I said, I don't believe Americans.

That uneasy feeling stays, though :)

Cheers!
SS