few quiries related to amibroker from a newbie

hi i am a newbie to amibroker.i have just downloaded amibroker few hours back.i have few quiries which may sound funny or foolish to some.but plz try to solve my quiries:
1. if we can get eod form amiqoute..y there are so many software for providing the eods.is amiquote not reliable?
2. do we have to individually add all the scrips of nse/bse or there is any method of adding all the scrips to amibroker watch list? i have the list in csv format.moreover BSE scrips are shown as 500012.bo,and it is very difficult to recognise the stock...can the BSE stocks be shown as name of the stock?
3. how can i add nse future stocks and index?
4. can i get real time qoutes if i also have odin?
5. there are some afl which says that it will find the scrip which has made a new high/low or which has moved above its 20ma etc....does this mean that amibroker scan all the scrips or do we have to see all the scrips individually?
6. can amibroker be used for intraday trading and if yes how?

Last edited:

skarpio

hi i am a newbie to amibroker.i have just downloaded amibroker few hours back.i have few quiries which may sound funny or foolish to some.but plz try to solve my quiries:
1. if we can get eod form amiqoute..y there are so many software for providing the eods.is amiquote not reliable?
2. do we have to individually add all the scrips of nse/bse or there is any method of adding all the scrips to amibroker watch list? i have the list in csv format.moreover BSE scrips are shown as 500012.bo,and it is very difficult to recognise the stock...can the BSE stocks be shown as name of the stock?
3. how can i add nse future stocks and index?
4. can i get real time qoutes if i also have odin?
5. there are some afl which says that it will find the scrip which has made a new high/low or which has moved above its 20ma etc....does this mean that amibroker scan all the scrips or do we have to see all the scrips individually?
6. can amibroker be used for intraday trading and if yes how?
1. amiquote gets the data from y! which might not be acceptable for the pedantically oriented.

2. yes. though, such lists are freely available, but you have to make good use of the search function in this forum (and others).

3. do you have a data source for derivatives? y! doesn't give these.

4. can you convert odin data into ascii (csv) files? If you can the rest is trivial. Use the import ascii function.

5. yes.

6. a lot of people do. by connecting it to feeds from esignal (or some other data vendor). Amibroker gives you plug-ins to add the RT feeds.

Does that answer your queries? This is not a chat room, and most senior members are busy making money. Also, why would anyone try to help you when they see that you have hardly made an attempt to find out the answers by yourself when all of these have been addressed previously?