Existing MF Vs NFO

Vicky thanks for ur detailed mail.

Apart from a regular SIP , will it be wise to invest 10K or 15 K in really good performing MFs when their NAV's go down because of a market fall.

Comment on recent NFO's

Could anyone please say the Prospects of the recent NFO's in the Market Viz.

1)Kotak Indo World Infrastructure,
2)Franklin Asian Equity Fund,
3)LIC MF Top 100 and
4)Sundaram BNP paribas Energy Opportunities Fund??

Re: Comment on recent NFO's

Dear sirs,
I have invested around 5 lacks in stock market equally divided in Mutual funds and Shares, From shares my portfolio value increased more than 40% in 6 months. Where as MF returns do not exceed 35% in the last 8 months. Im planning to sell my MF’s and invest the same amount in shares, kindly advise. I want to know how much tax is deducted if I sell my Mutual funds before 1 year and after 1 year. Am I thinking in the right way or should I remain invested 50 / 50. Your guidance is appreciated.
Thanks and regards.
Aijaz

Dear sirs,
I have invested around 5 lacks in stock market equally divided in Mutual funds and Shares, From shares my portfolio value increased more than 40% in 6 months. Where as MF returns do not exceed 35% in the last 8 months. Im planning to sell my MFs and invest the same amount in shares, kindly advise. I want to know how much tax is deducted if I sell my Mutual funds before 1 year and after 1 year. Am I thinking in the right way or should I remain invested 50 / 50. Your guidance is appreciated.
Thanks and regards.
Aijaz
dear friend
i you sell mutual fund after one year ...no tax (LTCG TAX)
i you sell mutual fund before one year... 10% tax on gain(STCG TAX)

LTCG:long term capital gain tax/STCG: short term capital gain tax
seniors may comment if i am wrong

Recent, Past, Present, Future - Any NFO occuring during this period is a bad investment choice.
hi vicky...why do you say that?

this might be a silly question.... for example a fund having started at Rs.10 in 2004 now valued at Rs.50.......why would I want to invest in that now when there is an option to invest into a new fund in the same sector for Rs.10 as a NFO?

and since we're on this topic I'd just like to brief you....a work associate had invested in kotak opp when it first started and now the value is 5 times..... he still invested more money in the same fund since most of the investment is done in bluechip companies so the thinking is it can only grow further....... whats your opinion on this?

My first post.....but been reading a lot and this forum is very helpful.... thanks for all the info

Rishi

Exactly,
If No one Invests in an NFO, what's the Point in Starting a New Fund!
Any Established Fund is an NFO Once.
I jus wanted to know the Prospects of the Sectors that these Funds are invested in.
Anyway,
This Forum is really helpful as i am getting to know abt a Lot of Useful Stuff.
Thank You.