eil bonus shares

AS I'M HOLDING 23 SHARES OF ENGINEERS INDIA LIMITED AS ON DATE UNIT PRICE OF Rs. 2250 PER SHARE. THE TOTAL AMOUNT WHICH I HAVE INVESTED IN THIS STOCK IS RS. 51750.

AS THE BOARD OF EIL AS APPROVED THE BONUS SHARE IN 2:1 RATIO THAT IS FOR ONE SHARE TWO BONUS SHARES WILL BE ISSUE. THE TOTAL QUANTITY OF EIL SHARE IN MY DEMAT ACCOUNT BECOME 69.

AS THE STOCK SPLIT FROM RS. 2309 TO RS. 379 PER SHARE ON DATED 05.05.10. PLEASE LET ME KNOW THAT IF THE STOCK PRICE REDUCED BY 06 TIMES THEN WHAT IS THE MEANING OF 2:1 BONUS SHARES.
AS ON DATE THE EIL SHARE IS TRADING NEAR TO RS 500 IN THE MARKET MY TOTALVALUE OF INVESTMENT INCLUDING BONUS SHARE (69 X RS.500)COMES TO RS. 345000 INSTEAD OF RS 51750 AS MENTIONED ABOVE.

PLEASE SOMEONE CLARIFY THE ABOVE ISSUE THATS I'M IN NEED OF MONEY URGENTLY.

REGARDS
BHARAT

krishna23

The stock has gone ex-bonus(2 shares for every one share held) and ex-split from face value of 10 to 5.
so you will get 6 shares for every share held(23 x 6 = 138 shares).
So your Investment 23 x 2250 =51750 ;Current market value:138 x 495 = 68310.
Be patient the shares will be credited soon & get off that Caps Lock.

vasa1

The stock-split should already be credited to your demat account. You should have had 23+23=46 shares on Friday itself. You can sell these at any time you need money.

Even if you now sell all the shares showing in your demat account, you will still get the bonus shares but, as the post above suggests, be patient for 2-3 weeks and ease up on the Caps Lock!

SavantGarde

Bharat,

With Split, Quantity Of Your Holding Should Become 138 Shares If Split Is Calculated After Ex-Bonus

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

AS I'M HOLDING 23 SHARES OF ENGINEERS INDIA LIMITED AS ON DATE UNIT PRICE OF Rs. 2250 PER SHARE. THE TOTAL AMOUNT WHICH I HAVE INVESTED IN THIS STOCK IS RS. 51750.

AS THE BOARD OF EIL AS APPROVED THE BONUS SHARE IN 2:1 RATIO THAT IS FOR ONE SHARE TWO BONUS SHARES WILL BE ISSUE. THE TOTAL QUANTITY OF EIL SHARE IN MY DEMAT ACCOUNT BECOME 69.

AS THE STOCK SPLIT FROM RS. 2309 TO RS. 379 PER SHARE ON DATED 05.05.10. PLEASE LET ME KNOW THAT IF THE STOCK PRICE REDUCED BY 06 TIMES THEN WHAT IS THE MEANING OF 2:1 BONUS SHARES.
AS ON DATE THE EIL SHARE IS TRADING NEAR TO RS 500 IN THE MARKET MY TOTALVALUE OF INVESTMENT INCLUDING BONUS SHARE (69 X RS.500)COMES TO RS. 345000 INSTEAD OF RS 51750 AS MENTIONED ABOVE.

PLEASE SOMEONE CLARIFY THE ABOVE ISSUE THATS I'M IN NEED OF MONEY URGENTLY.

REGARDS
BHARAT

vasa1

Bharat,

With Split, Quantity Of Your Holding Should Become 138 Shares If Split Is Calculated After Ex-Bonus

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde
Whichever way, the outcome is the same.

However, as a holder of EIL, I know that the split has taken effect first since my shares have doubled on Friday (although the price reduction takes both split and bonus into consideration since both have the same record date).

Thanks Vasa. Though I have been trading for sometime. Its been on and off. This was the first time I was looking at Bonus issues.

Is the day before the Record Date always an Ex date or does it differ from company to comany?