Dude, Where's my GANN WHEEL?

H

hari09omkar

I just got most of GANN's "secret work". Now I feel like this Indian Jones hunting for some treasure......may be if i figure out how to turn that Gann wheel, thats the answer to the holy grail. :D just kidding, i know there is no such thing as holy grail.

But when I went through his stuff, it was complicated and a person has to spend significant amount of time. This is just a hobby of mine for now since I do have the time to read. But if Gann was just a scam master then why would any body go through all the trouble to put this complicated piece of work? Even if this is fiction, this Gann's stuff is very interesting. And there is significant amount of empirical information.
Gyan on Gann:
Various opportunists sell "Gann courses" and "Gann software".They claim that Gann was one of the best traders who ever lived,that he left a $50 million estate, and so on.I interviewed W.D.Gann's son,an analyst for a Boston Bank.He told me that his famous father couldn't support his family by trading but earned his living by writing and selling instructional courses.When W.D.Gann died in 1950s,his estate including his house,was valued at slightly over $1,00,000.The legend of W.D.Gann,the giant of trading, is perpetuated by those who sell courses and other paraphernalia to gullible customers.
-Alexander Elder

rkkarnani

can anyone just make money out of a ganns strategy...everytime... ?

Duriya Bahut Hai Par Itna Samjh Lo,
Paas Reh Ke bHi Koi Khaas Nahi Hota,
Tum(gann) Is Kadar Paas Ho Mere Dil Ke,
Ke Mujhe Duriyo Ka Ehsas Hi Nahi Hota..... :D
Nobody can make money everytime by any strategy!!!

Strategy bahut hain duniya mein,
Har strategy mein kuchh khaas hotaa hai!!!
Par, kaun see strategy kab dhokaa de degee
Bina trade kiye, ye ahasaas nahee hotaa!!!

:D

Folks,

There is no secret or magic formula....there is no such thing exists. But u can have a statistical probability or odds....a chance. However u get this edge its ok. Either by flipping a coin, or using esginal's advanced get or Gann crap or any other mumbo jumbo..
whatever works for u, stick with it. Gann may work for some one, but not for all.

Personally, I don't think Gann is crap. If u ever look at some of his original material, it would make u think. True. He may not be a good trader. but he may be the best trading coach/guru. If u any of u guys have ever played tennis, u would know that Nick Bollettieri never played tennis but he produced so many tennis super stars from his "tennis factory". Agassi, Sampras, Courier, etc. to name a few.

I see Gann the same way. May be Gann couldn't trade for himself. But what i think is that, there are some people who have used or applied Gann's methods successfully.

If u really think about it, it makes sense. Gann talks about time. Most traders don't think of this. You buy some thing today but after a certain number of days, the price is different.

I want to know for myself, whether if Gann can be applied for a profitable trading strategy. Over the years, i have seen a lot of crap. Gann's stuff is a lot better than even some stuff that is available in the market today. Issue is that, some of Gann's materials is not easy to follow or understand. May be this is the reason why people keep complaining. Because no body understands this stupid Gann Wheel.

The pdf which was posted is incomplete. I enjoyed reading the article ...however, are u able to post the remaining article? i think u forgot to add the other remaining pages. Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Introductions 0
T Trading Diary 6
P Equities 4