Dreams of a Trader..........shattered?

Yeah...Mr. Livermore had scores of paid girlfriends around the world. Only he could know how essential it is to be in top physical form, right? ;)

Good night, guys
HAHAHA thx eagle , u never miss to give me that loud crack. It was my luck that this time i wasn't drinking my costly supplement charged milk :rofl:

Hi Hemant,

First of all i would like to wish you good luck.

All of us do mistakes and irrespective of our will to be disciplined we tend to repeat our mistakes.

Please recognise the fact that at present the market is not having any direction, in such a scenario i request you to have some plan before you enter any trade (i mean either you should do positional or intra-day) and after a position is taken you should stick to the plan and should not change.

Always keep strict stop loss so that you can preserve your account from huge losses from one trade.

Approach each trade as a new trade and should never attempt to recover your losses in one trade.

Always keep small targets and once your target is achieved either book your profit and get out or trail stoploss. This will help you preserve the profits earned and keep you encouraged.

Once again good luck for happy trading.

Stocktiger

Thanx members for all the inputs and advice.

Hereafter I will be using this thread for my trading record, strategies, P&L and charts.

Kindly donot post anything in this thread unless to give very constructive advice.

Consider this:

Do we give up walking or running if we fall and hurt ourselves? Do we give up driving when we meet with an accident?

When we fall while running or walking, is it the road thats plotting something against us? or is it the shrewed car thats been conspiring an accident all the while?:)

My dear friend, we all fail most of the times....because we make mistakes (I do agree a system error also does it...but how many times?)

When we fail, we think that the entire universe is conspiring against us. Trust me, its never so.

In trading, when we loose, how much time do we spend introspecting the reasons and what amount of time do we spend blaming everything else?

Now, did your trades backfired because of your knowledge of technicals? If yes, then did try and find out why? were your concepts wrong? were your application of the concepts wrong? were your stop losses in place?

Or was it greed? say when you eneterd a trade, did you have a target in mind? was it realistic? if the target was achieved, did you exit or waited for something "more"?

Introspect brother, and you will have your answer....and the learnings from your mistakes that no classroom would teach.

End of the day, its just a trade, not the end of the road.

Cheers

Hello hemanth,
iam very nearly connected with ur tuition fee analogy. I too have lost nearly 2-50 lakhs, trading stocks, futures and options. I am trading since 2 years. After careful reading of some posts in this forum , i purchased Amibroker. Iam getting difficulty in AFL learning. I became more passonate about trading. I hope i will prove profitable in future. Please update with ur trading outcomes , we can learn from them.