Dissecting the Nest Plus Auto Trading API

Square

Thanks yusi for detailed information. You put it nicely.
Yes I didnt want to know about multiple nest plus logins. But surely would want to know that if there is only one nest plus id, created by me (not broker created) which has nest plus api enabled, would it be possible to use the same to manage OMS for two or more accounts on the same machine simultaneously. Like we can simultaneously run multiple nests for different accounts, either with the same broker to different brokers on one machine.

I will update the reposne I get from zerodha, once and if I get it. You know normally if there is something which limits revenue of a broker and lesser well known the broker may not want to promote or highlight it hence the response could also be vague, incomplete. Let us see how and what they have to say.
I am planning to open an account with rksv next fy and would also keep zerodha account active. Hence all these queries.

Square

Thanks yusi for detailed information. You put it nicely.
Yes I didnt want to know about multiple nest plus logins. But surely would want to know that if there is only one nest plus id, created by me (not broker created) which has nest plus api enabled, would it be possible to use the same to manage OMS for two or more accounts on the same machine simultaneously. Like we can simultaneously run multiple nests for different accounts, either with the same broker to different brokers on one machine.

I will update the reposne I get from zerodha, once and if I get it. You know normally if there is something which limits revenue of a broker and lesser well known the broker may not want to promote or highlight it hence the response could also be vague, incomplete. Let us see how and what they have to say.
I am planning to open an account with rksv next fy and would also keep zerodha account active. Hence all these queries.
Yusi this is the response from Zerodha http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/89121-zerodha-part-3-a-1450.html#post1205617 which is different from what you have said. I think they will insist on mapping Nest API activation to their created Nest Plus Id and not with any other user created Id. How did you manage to get it registered with user created id and who was the broker?

yusi

Yusi this is the response from Zerodha http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/89121-zerodha-part-3-a-1450.html#post1205617 which is different from what you have said. I think they will insist on mapping Nest API activation to their created Nest Plus Id and not with any other user created Id. How did you manage to get it registered with user created id and who was the broker?
The broker was Zerodha; simply requested them to register with the Omnesys ID. This was more than a year back.

Will not bother to comment on different based on hand-waving. "believe" "slight" "wouldn't" is vague, still vague, and definite. We are not talking about whether ones Indian English will work in England, US or Australia. This is a small API, and somebody can be specific.

You cannot ask Zerodha to respond to an inter-broker question. In their place, I would shrug it off as well. But you can ask them to provide you the address of someone in Omnesys whom you can write to. Perhaps quicker would be to ask members here, who have an account with the different brokers you are interested in, to look at the respective COM/OLE viewer signatures and see if there is a difference.

Square

I agree with what you have mentioned about inter broker query. I just hoped that if there wasn't any difference than it would have been easy for them to reply in positive instead of the what they replied. As I mentioned earlier, I plan to open family member account with RKSV next FY.

Square

@pannet,

Presently I am using charting in excel and Excel VB to manage OMS in to trading accounts. It is fully automated and orders are send by one key touch from excel itself. At home machine I have also configured PS2 remote (joystick) to place orders and view different time frame charts from the joystick control. In office I cannot use joystick on my laptop hence using Application.on key function to place order etc by one key stroke from the keyboard.

Brokers will not mention trading in different accounts or auto trading without exchange approval etc. But you can do it with or without APIs too. But since Sendkey functions are not stable there is no 100% success in its execution, be it in VB or using any other external software, robotrade etc etc.

To get a fool proof solution you have to intergrate using APIs. I am also working on handfree OMS using Dragonfly software which converts speech to text in any windows application. I am using it through Excel, all instruction of OMS, Nest order book, trade book, position book, etc or chart display etc is activated / deactivated by verbal instruction in excel.

pannet1

@pannet,

Presently I am using charting in excel and Excel VB to manage OMS in to trading accounts. It is fully automated and orders are send by one key touch from excel itself. At home machine I have also configured PS2 remote (joystick) to place orders and view different time frame charts from the joystick control. In office I cannot use joystick on my laptop hence using Application.on key function to place order etc by one key stroke from the keyboard.

Brokers will not mention trading in different accounts or auto trading without exchange approval etc. But you can do it with or without APIs too. But since Sendkey functions are not stable there is no 100% success in its execution, be it in VB or using any other external software, robotrade etc etc.

To get a fool proof solution you have to intergrate using APIs. I am also working on handfree OMS using Dragonfly software which converts speech to text in any windows application. I am using it through Excel, all instruction of OMS, Nest order book, trade book, position book, etc or chart display etc is activated / deactivated by verbal instruction in excel.
Sounds too good to be true. Can you provide a excel file, if that's OK.

Raj232

Has anyone tried this PC Robotrade s/w?
http://vbiz.in/robotrade.html
Apparently, it takes care of the otherwise semi-auto trades that one would encounter with Nest Plus API etc
Took their demo last year but found some trojan along with it being detected by antivirus software. On questioning the person, he disconnected the call. On calling back, he said that many customers are using it as it.

He mentioned "If you want you take it.. else forget it." .. i thought it is quite risky as it was my office computer.

Not sure if they have improved the software now. :thumb: