Dear Brothers and Sisters

jdm said:
sbi has started retail broking and is doling out special package for its customers, (thats the ad has to say) since you have an a/c with sbi do check out and do let us know.

cheers,
jdm.
I just called SBI and this is the thing I have been told...
There is no online trading as of now but it wil be out in two to three months time... The charges are as Rs 340 for Demat Account for the first year and 275 each year following, Rs 110 for trading Account.

Transaction charges - 0.5 % for both buying and selling
Intraday trading - 0.15 % for both buying and selling

For transaction we can call and execute the scrips, where they have 2 landline numbers and 1 mobile. The scrip will be the executed the next minute.
The traded amount will be credited or debited next day of transaction.
The traded scrip will be after 3 days (I didnt understand this)
I asked what If I want to sell in 2 days.. he said only after 3 days you can do when the stocks are in your name....

So Is it good to start with this ???

Suzi

jdm

i don't know about their service. there was an ad in ET this week (on monday or so) about commencement of their service.

brokerage seems to be on higher side particularly the intraday stuff.

jdm said:
i don't know about their service. there was an ad in ET this week (on monday or so) about commencement of their service.

brokerage seems to be on higher side particularly the intraday stuff.
Hey am sorry..its together 0.15 % and not individually...
I asked whether 3 phones is enough.. and he told yes.. we are able to do that and no problem..

I enquired in Adyar branch and they have commenced this service from last october.

Suzi

jdm

when it comes to transfer of money, banks scores by miles against standalone brokers. i have an account with icicidiret.com and transfer of money is really smooth out there. but for the banks, broking is an add-on service for them. good for investors but strictly no-no for traders.

PS. - suzi, any discussion on broking matters, do put up a thread at "brokers and demat matters" you will get much more responses.