Day Traders Lounge.

TradeJoker

just asking the public to clean will not work ... a heavy fine must imposed on those who put dirt on streets .. if it started then a sea of change is sure .. Singapore is also called fine city:lol::lol:
But if ppl r careless, nothing gonna work,What PM said is correct, Mandir nahi shouchalay chahiye, ppl r ready to do it in public place bcos thers no toilet, no agendas to build toilets, our major issues are caste and religion, what Carl Marx said is correct.

Vertigo_1985

just asking the public to clean will not work ... a heavy fine must imposed on those who put dirt on streets .. if it started then a sea of change is sure .. Singapore is also called fine city:lol::lol:
all measures should be taken to make it successful, imo there should be fine.. this was being proposed in varanasi ghats but some intelligent ppl cited it as attack on their freedom, media also attacked the move so wasnt implemented.
Along with awareness we also need more toilets and dustbins and definitely fine or penalty of some kind .. if ppl know that their asses are gng to get pounded if they are found peeing at public places then they will take care of their business in their homes only before gng out.

mohan.sic

You are doing good job by cleaning your surrounding area if every Indian follow your habit definitely India will become clean and hygienic country but Public means not you alone its 125 cr population of India.it is a duty of every Indian to keep our country clean.Just take this example in past government given 10000 rs. to each home to build toilets and people wasted that money in drinks in my town.Earlier Prime minster only started missions and alloted funds to them but this man knows without participation from the masses we can't make India clean and healthy place.Thats why the whole campaign is done. In Maharashtra within 8 months 4 lakh toilets are build up under this mission. I think this figures tells everything.Your city is unclean because of unawareness of all citizens may be poor or rich, literate or illiterate.We must respect our prime minister who works from 9 am to late night.What he can do beyond that.
I keep my sorrounding clean is not that i go clean them..

what i mean is 1) I dont throw waste on roads. 2) I pay a little amount and give the waste to the pick up boy everyday morning instead of throwing it from my top floor. such little things.

If 125 cr Indian's follow this then it becomes clean and green and this and that is Far from Reality and practical world. How many Indians are really above poverty line and you expect these poor people who dont have food to eat to keep the country clean.

What Kind of stupid Advertisement campaign BJP has done for Swachh bharat.

Politicians and celebrities going on streets with brooms. What kind of circus show is this. What is the message they are giving to us. Prime Minister went on streets with a broom, his ministers followed him, celebrities followed them, now what next..you and me should follow them with brooms.

Thousands of tonnes of waste and they clean dry leaves with a broom and Call for Swachh Bharat mission.

Vertigo_1985

what i mean is 1) I dont throw waste on roads. 2) I pay a little amount and give the waste to the pick up boy everyday morning instead of throwing it from my top floor. such little things.

If 125 cr Indian's follow this then it becomes clean and green and this and that is Far from Reality and practical world. How many Indians are really above poverty line and you expect these poor people who dont have food to eat to keep the country clean.

Politicians and celebrities going on streets with brooms. What kind of circus show is this. What is the message they are giving to us. Prime Minister went on streets with a broom, his ministers followed him, celebrities followed them, now what next..you and me should follow them with brooms.

Thousands of tonnes of waste and they clean dry leaves with a broom and Call for Swachh Bharat mission.
Totally agree, i think we should stop this stupidity ..along with it i dont think we should be playing sports when so many ppl live below poverty line, should also stop bollywood, stop watching movies, dunno why we are wasting so much money on defense forces, stop all the non sense ISRO is dng, what all those big malls are all about?? why such expensive cars and other faltu things ?? and dunno what that yoga day nautanki was all about..

Lets wait for everything till we are above poverty.. :mad::mad::mad:

Strangely words of Rahul baba are coming to my mind.. poverty is a state of mind, seems to be true for at least few ppl.

Aapke kehne se muze lagata he bhagawan ko khud avatar lena padega swacch bharat mission ke liye.

Last edited:
It is New Delhi. You can see some
foreigners wandering around for a
minute or two trying to get their eyes
upon something . Something green in
color , big basket shaped , something
which must be kept near the footpath .
They wander for a while , and then ask
a guy for it . The guy nods negatively .
They take a look at some other people
littering the road with paper cans and
wrappers . They are visibly
disappointed . And in the final moment
of awakening , they throw whatever was
in their hands on the littered pathway .
In that moment , they became Indian .
People don't learn about India through
pictures . They learn about India through
experiences . And experiences are
dreadful for those who are not
accustomed to such unhygienic practices
People easily blame municipal
corporations for the ill-management of
dustbins in a city . But they don't realize
the core problem . The problem every
Indian suffers from ; the dementia that
anything outside one's home is not home
A friend from Indore said that the
Indore Municipal Corporation had taken
an initiative to put dustbins in public
places so that the people would keep the
places clean .
What happened ? The people took away
all the dustbins ! Where to ? Perhaps to
their own homes . Why ? Because places
outside their homes was not worth
cleaning . The dustbins were misplaced
going by their misplaced logics .
How do you expect such people to care
about public hygiene ? Forget people who
urinate in public . That is a graver issue
. But dustbins ?
There are different colors of dustbins
used to dump different kind of wastes .
Green for recyclable , red for glass
wastes , blue for non-biodegradable ,
yellow for plastics,polythene,
polystyrene, etc . The color coding is
used by various medical and research
facilities internationally . Sadly , in
India this coding is only a visual
admixture to the reason of demanding
extra money from the customers . Once, a senior employee in my office
criticized me for throwing a chocolate
wrapper on street . She made me
understand that if everyone starts
thinking that one wrapper does not
make a difference , the whole world will
become a garbage bin.
From that day , I keep the wrappers in
my pocket until I find a dustbin . Little
things may do wonders . And if all of us
start doing the same , we have at least
eliminated the smaller problem . And the
day people like us become a part of the
government , the bigger problem shall
be solved consequently .

"We must understand that it is not the
government which changes the people , it
is always the people who change first "!

Source : Internet

mohan.sic

Totally agree, i think we should stop this stupidity ..along with it i dont think we should be playing sports when so many ppl live below poverty line, should also stop bollywood, stop watching movies, dunno why we are wasting so much money on defense forces, stop all the non sense ISRO is dng, what all those big malls are all about?? why such expensive cars and other faltu things ?? and dunno what that yoga day nautanki was all about..

Lets wait for everything till we are above poverty.. :mad::mad::mad:

Strangely words of Rahul baba are coming to my mind.. poverty is a state of mind, seems to be true for at least few ppl.
Swacch bharat is not stupidity. The way they are taking it to public is stupidity.

I dont know what is your point. Please dont bring together Indian defence forces and bollywood what ever the arguement may be.

My say on people below poverty line is in context to your thinking that India can become clean if 125 cr Indian's join the mission. You and me can be part of the mission but it is wrong to ask our brothers and sisters to share this vision who dont have food to eat, clothes to wear, place to sleep.

DSM

Interesting discussion. A month back I went to visit a cousin who stays in a 7 storey building. Below the building, a large area was covered by net at the level of the first floor. So I asked my cousin about it to check if the building was going to be painted. His reply astounded me. The net was put in by the occupants of the ground floor, as they were fed up of the people living above, who found it convenient to just threw garbage (including nappies and other waste) from the windows of their houses without bothering about those living below. This is the state of mind of some of the 'educated' people living in societies and apts. in Mumbai.

Another thing as is being rightly pointed out - lack of garbage bins. So I am forced to keep my litter (candy wrappers, used rail tickets etc. in my pocket till I either reach home or find a dustbin.

The initiative of Swach Bharat abhiyan is just a start. It will take a many, many years to change a mindset and ingrained habits - unless we use strong laws to fine and punish the guilty, which in a large democratic country India can be a problem.

mohan.sic

Interesting discussion. A month back I went to visit a cousin who stays in a 7 storey building. Below the building, a large area was covered by net at the level of the first floor. So I asked my cousin about it to check if the building was going to be painted. His reply astounded me. The net was put in by the occupants of the ground floor, as they were fed up of the people living above, who found it convenient to just threw garbage (including nappies and other waste) from the windows of their houses without bothering about those living below. This is the state of mind of some of the 'educated' people living in societies and apts. in Mumbai.

Another thing as is being rightly pointed out - lack of garbage bins. So I am forced to keep my litter (candy wrappers, used rail tickets etc. in my pocket till I either reach home or find a dustbin.

The initiative of Swach Bharat abhiyan is just a start. It will take a many, many years to change a mindset and ingrained habits - unless we use strong laws to fine and punish the guilty, which in a large democratic country India can be a problem.
Exactly... then the message that Not to throw waste on your neighbours or on streets should be taken to public. What is this individual carrying a broom and cleaning the street. Thats the job of municipal sweepers and they are paid for that.

And they have to procure lakhs of dustbins and place them and develop a new system. On a large scale: Waste management systems, equipment, man power have to be put in place and then they should go to public announcing a mission.

For simply a group of people going on roads with brooms and cleaning fallen leaves we dont need a govt initiative even if it is a start up.