Day Traders Lounge.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
*Food for Thought* : -
In India today the situation is like a little bit of a stand still due to demonetisation. However we haven't seen any Bank getting burnt, No ATM burnt, No buses burnt, and there are no vandalism or violence. Does this mean these acts are not done by the common public? Are these paid events? So summary is when there is no money to sponsor such events who will do this for free? Think for a moment. Arise and Awake now !!!

source: internet

In India today the situation is like a little bit of a stand still due to demonetisation. However we haven't seen any Bank getting burnt, No ATM burnt, No buses burnt, and there are no vandalism or violence. Does this mean these acts are not done by the common public? Are these paid events? So summary is when there is no money to sponsor such events who will do this for free? Think for a moment. Arise and Awake now !!!

No, not really. The public is irritated, angry but still patient and tolerant. The lack of violence is not due to lack of black money, but because of self-policing by the public. You will see long lines of 100-200 people with just one policeman on duty. There may be heated words sometimes, but rarely any violence. I think that the Indian public is to be complimented on this discipline.

Rish

You are right.....

All Political Goons / culprits are not affected in (Cong/BJP)....so...no violence...

Only, Public will always accomodate the pain....

Anyway...let us hope...good...

Rish

No one is in the Loop, in the process.....

One man Army...always problem....

No contingency plan or crisis management.....(but, FM give lecture to us)...

Morning sir! Yes we have a strong economy. No doubt at all. Also, I will admit that the demonetization is also a good move. There were too many fake currency notes in the system which will all go. Another aspect is that cash hoarders, tax evaders will fear a repeat of this exercise. so, more and more people will fall in line to pay their taxes. While the economic setback will be evident in the short term, the long term looks very good for our great country. The only question is whether India's poor people will get a share of the growth pie. In the past 20 years, India has done well but poor people have remained poor while the rich have grown richer. This large divide in our society has to be addressed.
You are living in a la-la land if you really believed what you have written! Just few stats on the economy front: IIP is at multi year lows, Job creation is at 10 years low, exports not picking up for years, 12 trillion rupees NPA in the banking system, India Ink not investing for many years - see the capex cycle etc. No wonder rating agencies don't listen to government plea on rating hike.

On counterfeited currency, well this is not the best way to eliminate it. Fakers will fake the new notes as well, shall be do the demonetization again in future? JYI, dollar is the most counterfeited currency in the world.

No, cash and tax evaders won't fear it. In fact they will make sure they park their tax dodged money in "safe havens" like gold, real estate or in offshore bank account. Those who accept cash transaction only will be most happy with 2000 note. Don't underestimate Indians ability to dodge tax.

“In the long run we are all dead”, said the Keynes. National election is due on 2019, 2.5 years from now, I think they will use the extinguished money (money that does not come back into the banking system) to do the Robinhood act. I mean RBI will transfer this money to the government as profit, and govt will distribute it to poors' Jan Dhan Account to win the LS election. I suspect they will use it for Infra or lowering tax purpose etc. This whole "demonetization" exercise will be futile IF all withdrawn notes come back into the banking system.

I totally agree with you inequality point. Rich has grown richer and poors have remain poor. Too much inequality in India. Need to address it but I do not think Robinhood way is the mean to do it. :)

Last edited:

travi

Its definitely history in the making.
Those who'll oppose will be the noise who no one will ever remember :D

travi

You are living la la land if you really believed what you have written! Just few stats on the economy front: IIP is at multi year lows, Job creation is at 10 years low, exports not picking up for years, 12 trillion rupees NPA in the banking system, India Ink not investing for many years - see the capex cycle etc. No wonder rating agencies don't listen to government plea on rating hike.

On counterfeited currency, well this is not the best way to eliminate it. Fakers will fake the new notes as well, shall be do the demonetization again in future? JYI, dollar is the most counterfeited currency in the world.

No, cash and tax evaders won't fear it. In fact they will make sure they park their tax dodged money in "safe havens" like gold, real estate or in offshore bank account. Those who accept cash transaction only will be most happy with 2000 note. Don't underestimate Indians ability to dodge tax.

“In the long run we are all dead”, said the Keynes. National election is due on 2019, 2.5 years from now, I think they will use the extinguished money (money that does not come back into the banking system) to do the Robinhood act. I mean RBI will transfer this money to the government as profit, and govt will distribute it to poors' Jan Dhan Account to win the LS election. I suspect they will use it for Infra or lowering tax purpose etc. This whole "demonetization" exercise will be futile IF all withdrawn notes come back into the banking system.

I totally agree with you inequality point. Rich has grown richer and poors have remain poor. Too much inequality in India. Need to address it but I do not think Robinhood way is the mean to do it. :)
If you think some other economies in the world are La La Land, then, you can happily list them here.
We cant hold our head in our hands with a pessimistic view.
Be a spoke in the wheel and contribute. Those nationals who've fled their home countries for greener pastures have eventually gained what?
A yacht, a Ferrari and a beachside house? how many of them?
And then what?