Day Traders Lounge.

The biggest problem is "mindset"....

From childhood, we are never encouraged to explore and develop scientific and rational thinking... Our constitution tells us to do so, but we are hell bent on doing the opposite....

Take the case of Delhi pollution.. almost every household has kids and elderly..and almost everyone is suffering. Many of them are coming on television to describe their ordeal...

Now fast forward to next Diwali...

Many of these same households, will forget the sufferings and the damages caused due to pollution and then collectively spend hundreds of crores in bursting firecrackers that caused this pollution... anyone trying to stop them then will be abused..in the name of religion,custom,social and peer pressure etc etc...

and the story goes on and on and on.....
I myself stopped burning firecrackers long ago but I find blaming firecrackers for such high level of pollution as part of Indians' "easy conclusion" and sanctimonious mentality. With due respect sir, this smog in NCR is 90% due to crop stubble burning by farmers of Punjab and Haryana. Firecrackers at best must have played 1% role in pollution, that too for a day or two. This pollution problem occurs each year in NCR around this time of the year. Stopping a tradition of bursting firecrackers is not a solution IMO.

Regards

I myself stopped burning firecrackers long ago but I find blaming firecrackers for such high level of pollution as part of Indians' "easy conclusion" and sanctimonious mentality. With due respect sir, this smog in NCR is 90% due to crop stubble burning by farmers of Punjab and Haryana. Firecrackers at best must have played 1% role in pollution, that too for a day or two. This pollution problem occurs each year in NCR around this time of the year. Stopping a tradition of bursting firecrackers is not a solution IMO.

Regards
Bursting crackers results in noise pollution also.What tradition are we talking about ? The noise pollution has severe bad effects on humans and the animals and birds. Every Diwali below my building they bring a cow and a calf on Vasubaras day and womenfolk come to worship the cow.On every cracker bursting sound the animal shivers and one can see the pain and fear in their eyes.We had traditions of child marriage,dowry,sati etc and all these evil "traditions " were banned by law, it is time bursting crackers is also banned by law.If the tradition is harmful to others,we must stop it, either by public understanding and education ,but that seems difficult as few people will take pleasure in not following and will continue to burst crackers.It is high time that crackers making big sound should be banned totally by law.

Smart_trade

Bursting crackers results in noise pollution also.What tradition are we talking about ? The noise pollution has severe bad effects on humans and the animals and birds. Every Diwali below my building they bring a cow and a calf on Vasubaras day and womenfolk come to worship the cow.On every cracker bursting sound the animal shivers and one can see the pain and fear in their eyes.We had traditions of child marriage,dowry,sati etc and all these evil "traditions " were banned by law, it is time bursting crackers is also banned by law.If the tradition is harmful to others,we must stop it, either by public understanding and education ,but that seems difficult as few people will take pleasure in not following and will continue to burst crackers.It is high time that crackers making big sound should be banned totally by law.

Smart_trade
Sir, Supreme Court has already set the noise decibel for fire crackers under certain limit. So that part is taken care of by laws. My pets also face problems on Diwali days. I understand that thing. But how bursting few rockets, anaar, chakri, aatishbaazi for few days will create problem is beyond me.

And I agree with you if deliberate cruelty is shown to animals, that should not be allowed.

Rish

Regards
It is not 90% on crop stubble alone....some other issue...i hope so....

deba72

Our constitution makers defined certain "rights" and "responsibilities" for all citizens.. problem is we all proclaim and fight for our "rights" in a vociferous manner... and when it comes to "responsibilities" ..we look the other way..as if they never existed...

Rish

Our constitution makers defined certain "rights" and "responsibilities" for all citizens.. problem is we all proclaim and fight for our "rights" in a vociferous manner... and when it comes to "responsibilities" ..we look the other way..as if they never existed...
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

We have lot of rules....

All rules are to violate...

As a Individual....everyone should change....but..we always expect, others should follow the rule....

All International jokers started talking....global warming / environment ...now...

The same jokers only spoiled the entire earth till today.....

Anyway...nature will take care it self and rectify on its own...
Only liver is the organ of our body rectify/cure on its own :D:lol: