Datafeed Vendor Comparison

I recently subscribed to a realtime datafeed from an authorised vendor of NSE. After few days of use , I verified the Network Traffic of that realtime application ,through Kaspersky. Strangely, the Data sent is very high (sometimes more than 10 times of data received) like if the data received by the application is 200 MB in a day, on the same day, the data sent column shows an astronomical figure of 1.53 GB. I have observed the same phenomenon daily for the few days of subscription. Have anyone observed like this. Is it normal for such data feed applications?

For, All other applications, the data sent is a normally around 5-10 percent of data received. Dont have any viruses in my desktop.

Any of you, who have subscribed to realtime data feeds observed like this?

Any opinions and advise pls.

travi

I recently subscribed to a realtime datafeed from an authorised vendor of NSE. After few days of use , I verified the Network Traffic of that realtime application ,through Kaspersky. Strangely, the Data sent is very high (sometimes more than 10 times of data received) like if the data received by the application is 200 MB in a day, on the same day, the data sent column shows an astronomical figure of 1.53 GB. I have observed the same phenomenon daily for the few days of subscription. Have anyone observed like this. Is it normal for such data feed applications?

For, All other applications, the data sent is a normally around 5-10 percent of data received. Dont have any viruses in my desktop.

Any of you, who have subscribed to realtime data feeds observed like this?

Any opinions and advise pls.
i've seen it to. Products that use websockets etc shouldnt have this issue bcos im using API for quite sometime.
If datafeed has 100k users, they "cant" maintain individual list so they seem to blast the entire data and only filter the subscribed symbols to the Charting software etc at client end.
This would explain why data rec'd is so high but you might have only 100-200 in your subscription pack or list etc

i've seen it to. Products that use websockets etc shouldnt have this issue bcos im using API for quite sometime.
If datafeed has 100k users, they "cant" maintain individual list so they seem to blast the entire data and only filter the subscribed symbols to the Charting software etc at client end.
This would explain why data rec'd is so high but you might have only 100-200 in your subscription pack or list etc
travi, Thanks for your reply.

It is not data received that is astronomically high, but the reason for concern is data sent..

for today Data received by this application is 109 MB Data sent is 955MB. Almost 9 times.

For example the charting software Amibroker for today received 477MB It sent only 0.37KB.. Hardly one percent.

Hopefully the application does only what it is intended to. ie. deliver realtime data to the charting application.

Have subscribed to only 100-200 symbols. Hardly use 10 symbols for study. EOD update all the symbols with plugin connected.

Any suggestion on safe realtime data feed provider.

Thanks.

travi

It is not data received that is astronomically high, but the reason for concern is data sent..

for today Data received by this application is 109 MB Data sent is 955MB. Almost 9 times.

For example the charting software Amibroker for today received 477MB It sent only 0.37KB.. Hardly one percent.

Hopefully the application does only what it is intended to. ie. deliver realtime data to the charting application.

Have subscribed to only 100-200 symbols. Hardly use 10 symbols for study. EOD update all the symbols with plugin connected.

Thanks.
Oh my bad, are you saying Data sent as in (uploaded from your PC) is huge relative to what is downloaded ?

Check it a few times but something isn't right. Which datafeeder is it ?
Now you need to isolate if Data sent is local or WEB.

What happens is data rec'd by datafeeder is compressed from its origin server in their own format.
BUT Amibroker might be receiving it uncompressed, so the import is quite huge. Each tick is datetime, symbol, LTP, Volume etc

Romeo1998

Thanks.
block all .exe files in amibroker folder in outgoing connections in firewall, especially broker.exe :) that might solve this problem :)

Romeo1998

Romeo, Thanks for your reply.

It did reduce the amount of data sent. But still it is three to four times. Will observe next week.

Did you experience similar type of issue.

Thanks
broker.exe downloads lots of other files in temp folder n user profile folder :) as u have already allowed broker.exe to connect to internet earlier, it has downloaded several of these files, which r doing the uploading process :) amibroker is a very amazing n powerful software, but can do lots of damage to pc if not monitored :)

Thanks again Romeo for your inputs. I am unable to fault at amibroker.. We are linking the vendor plugin through amibroker. There may be some issues.

Rather than comparing data vendors based on price or usability, the important comparison should be "potential Data Security vulnerabilities induced" by using these .exe files and .dll files from data vendors.

Some comprehensive scanning of these installable files from vendors, for viruses, Trojans, and other Potentially Unwanted Applications (PUAs) that may put our system in a vulneralbe situation in this digital era will be good start.

Any suggestions where such comprehensive scanning is available free in the web?

I use kaspersky.

Anyone using Accelpix, Can u share your inputs.. ?

Thanks.