Dabba walah

Is more famous for matka king no?
matka/dabba both sir.I played dabba in kalyan (Mumbai) 50 k profit on first day. I never face any cheating upto 50 lacs :)

In Delhi , its difficult to find many traders even .. :p
Its right, I tried to search some traders in our colony, but unable to find any. On the contrary trading in share market is treated as satta in satta bazaar. Initially I tried to explain that it is like any other business, but later on gave way. Its not my cup of tea to keep explaining every tom and dick about its pros and cons :D

Riskyman

Its right, I tried to search some traders in our colony, but unable to find any. On the contrary trading in share market is treated as satta in satta bazaar. Initially I tried to explain that it is like any other business, but later on gave way. Its not my cup of tea to keep explaining every tom and dick about its pros and cons :D
Dabbas are everywhere man. If you know where to look.

http://articles.economictimes.india...306648_1_ctt-commodity-transaction-tax-trades

cloudTrader

When someone asks a trader what you do , the trader replies I am into share business ...

The person then asks the trader , that is okay but as a career what you do ?

Trader gets stumped .. :rofl:

mastermind007

I have personally never ever traded with them. And I dont want to. But I know a couple of Gujarati folks that trade with them. And a couple of them that run it. The guys that run the business never really want to talk about in open so there is only so much that you can extract from them. But the guys that trade told me that its simply based on trust and once you commit its simply carved in stone. You have to honor your commitments no matter what.

Hop into any sub urban Mumbai local in the morning time and you will find many guys doing dabba trades :) . This is how I learnt of it for the first time when I used to travel to work about a decade ago. I really do not know the intricate details of the business but a few basics will be explained to you by any Gujarati on a Mumbai Local if you are interested :)

Riskyman....

I have to say I am bit offended by the implied racism in your post. Not "pissed off" offended but offended just the same.

You are partially right because philosophy of Dabba traders is not "tax evasion" or "regulation avoidance". It is partly to do with all the brokers/traders who were used to old style of trading and the exploitative attitude (to clients) that prevailed in those days.

I am Gujarati person and did fulfill my time as full-time employee in Mumbai locals but never got into this Dabba trading.

First time, I ever heard of it was at one intraday training and the trainer was asking everyone to not use Dabba traders. and the trainer is not Gujju.

With little more interaction with him, I've discovered that he does not practice what he preaches ...

Second trainer, that I recently discovered is Gujju. Fortunately, I discovered this before I enrolled ...

sr114

Riskyman....

I have to say I am bit offended by the implied racism in your post. Not "pissed off" offended but offended just the same.

You are partially right because philosophy of Dabba traders is not "tax evasion" or "regulation avoidance". It is partly to do with all the brokers/traders who were used to old style of trading and the exploitative attitude (to clients) that prevailed in those days.

I am Gujarati person and did fulfill my time as full-time employee in Mumbai locals but never got into this Dabba trading.

First time, I ever heard of it was at one intraday training and the trainer was asking everyone to not use Dabba traders. and the trainer is not Gujju.

With little more interaction with him, I've discovered that he does not practice what he preaches ...

Second trainer, that I recently discovered is Gujju. Fortunately, I discovered this before I enrolled ...
MM

this is not associating Dabba trade with Gujratis only - many other also do it. In Kolkata , there are a few of them run by Bengalis but they are small in scale. the bigger one are again run by Gujratis.

the reason is Gujratis are more familiar with the broking business and they run it efficiently - be it legal brokerage or the dabba 1

i came to know as few of my known 1 are doing this - as they dont want to go via the legal route of the PAN card hassels or here they get the bigger leverage than the official1. also the lure of getting the money gained in the evening irself is a bigger motivation

rgds

mastermind007

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M General Trading & Investing Chat 5