Conservative strategy

Yes da !!! increasing of lots with negative trades will have some drastic effect on ledger !!!
May be doubling after 1st trade is done only for 2nd trade.If 2nd trade also goes in loss, we are back to trading original quantity for the 3rd trade.It is the 3 TD trade with 4x qty which may hit us badly....we need to study the statistical distribution and then decide. Suri Ji must have encountered this problem and may suggest some solution.

ST

suri112000

The point No.7 in this post needs attention.

http://www.traderji.com/futures/102493-conservative-strategy-2.html#post1169500

Initially the profit target was set at 30 and so if five trades consecutively wins, ie making overall 150 points we should stop trading for the rest of the week.

But, we have decreased the profit target to 15, so five consecutive wins here comes to 75 and that was achieved yesterday. Infact there were 6 consecutive wins by yesterday. So, we should stop trading today and tomorrow. It was a miss on my part for not updating the change after reducing the profit target to 15.

However, we go ahead as if this rule not implemented and consider the losses made today and see how the strategy works.

This is the maximum we can loose in any given day. The strategy has not experienced any such consecutive days by more than two.

-20 [2 lots]
-30 [3 lots]
=====
====
====

Cumulative = 27+2+27-47+27+3+39+26-72 =+32

Last edited:

DSM

Following this thread and flow of conversation. Here's my thought :

* Over time, as the strategy is used, tweaks can be considered by the TO or followers as to how to refine it and create a sharper edge. Here's my suggestion :

* Note from the chart that the trades goes into profit initially at the entry and is in the money, though later it hits the SL. One modification can be considered is to not give back the profits made and if the MTM+ is approaching zero or is slightly negative, exit the position and preserve the capital. Moreso, if it can be seen that it is a sideways market. (Sideways market to be defined) E.g If initial 5M bar H-L=x points, High+5 and High-X can be considered to be sideways zone.

Just thinking my thoughts aloud....

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Request : Please share the Supertrend settings used for the trades. Maybe its already answered in the thread earlier, but somehow I could not locate it! :eek:
:lol: this is the first post of the thread.:-

Hi,

I need somebody's help in exploring this. Nifty futures in 5 min TF. Supertrend indicator with settings

Factor=Param("Factor",4,1,10,0.1);

Pd=Param("ATR Periods",10,1,100,1);

Anybody who is interested in this task need to do just 5 min job per day. They need to mark the entry and exit points on the chart as per the rules i am going to disclose once the volunteers come forward. 5 volunteers means 5 min job in a week per each volunteer. I assure some knowledge building for the volunteers.

The AFL is giving error is Ami 6.3....version issue probably.

ST