Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I am using icicidirect previously or you can say now also for long term investment but now i Want to try my hands for intraday . So i am :confused: confused which one to select definitely not icici , i have zeroed for either SHAREKHAN or INFOLINE for my intraday . Today i enquired a sharekhan representative ,i will give detail here.
Amount opening:
Option1 : Flat Rs. 500
Option2: 300/- + 500 margin
Annual Charges :
Rs. 400 + Service Tax PA
Brokerage:
For Now
0.04 % ------- For Intraday
0.40 % ------- Delivery
Afterwards for Rs 1000/-
0.03 % ------- For Intraday
0.30 % ------- Delivery

Kindly guide me if this rate is ok or higher OR which other option is better for me, i may add that i want this suggestion for intraday only , also max for 15 day i may try online trading .

lazytrader

I had posted my deal with sharekhan 3 days ago .. just go back 1 or 2 pages u can find the details. brokerage is a little less than what you have pasted here
You most probably told the guy from Sharekhan what your turnover in ICICI is so he agreed to give you lower brokerage.

For reliancecdmaphone I would suggest to go for Religare that gives you flat .25 and .025% initial charges are Rs.2500/annum which is adjustable with brokerage (your brokerage of 2500 is refunded by end of yr)

vasa1

I think NSE publishes a list of which shares can't be done BTST. Brokers are supposed to have such a list check in your back office section.
I'm not sure that NSE or BSE has anything to do with BTST. I think it is the choice of individual brokers.

Perhaps, you are referring to stocks in the T and TS groups which can only be bought and sold on delivery basis. This list is maintained and decided by the stock exchanges.

Mangafreakz

When You are selling BTST shares , what option for Selling you choose - Sell shares in DP or Sell shares not in DP ?

lazytrader

I'm not sure that NSE or BSE has anything to do with BTST. I think it is the choice of individual brokers.

Perhaps, you are referring to stocks in the T and TS groups which can only be bought and sold on delivery basis. This list is maintained and decided by the stock exchanges.
Sorry that's what I mean. BNST is decided by the brokers. I haven't seen a list of stock for that though.

Um.. I don't know the difference between sell from DP and sell shares. I don't have that option. I just have a list on POA stocks. they are automatically transferred to my dmat in T+2 so I select POA stocks. When they haven't arrived in my dmat they still show up in my POA stocks. What options do you have?

vasa1

When You are selling BTST shares , what option for Selling you choose - Sell shares in DP or Sell shares not in DP ?
There are two situations possible.

Let's say you have some supply of ABC in your demat (DP). You buy some more on Monday and want to sell what you bought on Monday on Tuesday.

Some brokers may allow you to "segregate ABC" into DP versus BTST and sell the BTST portion, but other brokers will give delivery from your existing holding (DP). MY broker, Geojit, does the latter.

So, either talk to your broker, read the FAQ, or do a tiny test run :)

Try india infoline,

Pros:

1.) excellent customer service..they give you the mobile number of your relationship manager which incidentally is also your dealer. So if your software stops working you can call them immediately and place the order.

2. Online help desk: where the reply is also prompt.

3. Reasonable brokerage: Initially i paid like 50 paisa for delievery and 5 paisa for futures, but now i have negotiated it to 30 paisa for delievery, and 3 paisa for futures. There option's brokerage, however, is pretty high, 50 rs per lot, i guess you can negotiate that also.

4. There software Trader terminal, pretty good. Fast order execution. Net P and L for the day ( perfect for a day trader). Square off facility. Charts with techincal indicators in them.

Cons:

1. When the market is volatile the TT hangs...you have to manually change the server again and again to get the live data back in the terminal.

2. You can't import the live data to any other software ( excel, metastock, amibroker etc )

3. There is no Portfolio tracker in it, As in if you carry your position next day, then for P&L you have to check manually ( calculator or excel )

Status
Not open for further replies.