Confessions of a banknifty trader

Vertigo_1985

Hi NT,
Thanks to Amit, he has already covered most points that i wanted to say too(and in a much better way) , just have only few points left that you can consider -
1. In my experience too BNF is more noisy than NF, have been learning DP trading and if you compare same setups on both scrips NF has higher success rate. Whatever be your strategy check whether NF is more suitable for it or BNF. Also volatility is more in BNF so managing trades actively is going to be more difficult as compared to NF. Point is to select best for profitability and mental good, objectively check best candidate and switch if needed.

2. Goal of getting 50 points daily - HOW IS THAT IN YOUR CONTROL ? Our goals should be about what we can control, we can get 50, 100 or - 100 points in a day which depends on how market moves and also on how we execute our system. Even if you execute your trades perfectly there will be days when you will end -ve and you still havent mastered your method so imagine what this expectation or goal will have affect on your psyche... it can be only disappointment, pain and decrease in self confidence.

On the other hand if your goal is to just follow your rules no matter what then gain, loss, market not moving much or moving very much will not have any affect on you. Its very important to feel successful and moving ahead EOD each day to sustain the long journey of learning, so have goals in which outcome is decided by you only and no other outside factors

3. I guess you will do only intraday so why 1 lac ?? you may overtrade or revenge trade and risk much more and loose much more than what you plan to by doing this( i have done this again and again), so maximum you should keep is 20k for BNF 1 lot. If needed you can transfer easily.

4. IMO counter trend traders should be done only when with trend trades have been mastered, i have also started NF trading on DP basis since this monday and trading with trend trades only. Re-entry also should be learned only after you have learned to execute the basic setups else it will create confusion, frustration and will also affect your profit.

5. After how many losers in a day you will stop trading ?

6. Watch after how many trades you start to more prone to break your rules and take that as a limit on number of trades in a day.

Lastly trading is not a 9 to 3 event, whatever you do after trading or before trading will affect your performance next day. How you review, how you sleep, what you eat, what you think, what you do.. everything will affect how you perform tomorrow so be mindful of whatever you do.
Following things have helped me in improving myself and would urge you to try them too-
1. Exercise in the morning, it really bumps your energy and keeps you in good mood whole day. I alternate running (i do 4k now and working on increasing speed) and body exercise( can do 45 non stop and goal is to do 100). Make goals in other areas of life too like something physical, try dancing, skipping, running, weightlifting or any other thing you like and you will see what difference it makes to your life.
2. Mindfulness - do atleast 2 times a day, one before session and one evening. It enables you to see clearly whats real and whats not, helps us to come out of the mess that our mind creates. Its difficult and like any other skill needs commitment but if you do it i can guarrenty that this skill alone will make you super happy, successful and satisfied.

One last question.. why do you trade ? and one year from now how you see yourself ?

Best wishes :).

boarders

hi
here is todays trade & their log
trade summary
total trade-5
profit trade-3
loss trade-2
p points-62
l point-22
transaction-10
Net points =+=32

Market was very good today..so I manage to be positive.but I have to be positive with at least net 25 points in every market condition..but There are so many problems still which I will improve..
1) In morning, my first trade was short @8136..which is good enough entry..(though in hindsight, i think it should be around 8150, when price pull back..main problem is i still take profit after a small profit..I have fear of losing profits..so I booked profit early..& there should BE 1 trade only, I took 3 trade in same area..entry, exit, entry exit..this is monkey trading
2) I should have taken 3-4 trades..today took 5 trades, where 3 trades r part of 1 trade
3) IN MORNING SESION, I earned 25 points, so I far of losing it & I stopped trading...& to clear my psychology, I moved away from screen to regain my mind..& A GOOD MOVE MISSED..ITS A EASY MOVE TO CATCH..anyways no regret!! till I am getting 25 poinsts net daily, I am satisfied
Thanks
thanks
POINT 2 IN YOUR CHART....why do you "THINK"... only just see and take action accordingly.... also when three candles are in parallel you must enter only from lowest low or highest high of those parallel candle plus/minus a filter....

anyways this is for sure no way to trade without control over entries and exits properly... try paper trading until you have a grip of your trades...this is my sincere suggestion

XRAY27

Good evening Friends
I am very happy to see my fellow traders friend came to help me & gave their useful advices..thanks to everybody .
i specialy thanks to ST Da, Ramakant Bhai, XRAY Bro & Amit bro who took time & give me their suggestions..I have read everybodys suggestions & ponder over it.& slightly change my instrument..
Yes you all are right! I am not experience enough to trade violent moves of bank nifty & that can hammer my confidence..first of all, I need to beileive my self,my knowledge & trading skills ..& it will not improve till i show results..As If I go to trade bank nifty directly, it seems like "earthworm pakadna aaya nahi, sanp pakadney chaley hai' I got your points my friends! So Today I started trading in it..
that point is also valid that I am using so many setups & levels..so from today onwards, only 4 level, PDH,PDL,PDC & S/R FROM HTF..&
,(as amit bhai send chart of 4 patterns.), they are same as my setups of bof,bpb, & ftc..so WILL trade only those setups..
I trade just 1 lot today..all-in &all-out..as My object is just net 25 points daily...so I will think about should I trade 2 lots & use tsl & partial profit booking..I am not sure..
lets see
Again thanks a lot to all of you..please give your advice as always

Niftytaurus Bro !!

Nice to see my points helped to rebuild your self !!

Best of Luck :)

Last edited:

hi
here is todays trade & their log
trade summary
total trade-5
profit trade-3
loss trade-2
p points-62
l point-22
transaction-10
Net points =+=32

Market was very good today..so I manage to be positive.but I have to be positive with at least net 25 points in every market condition..but There are so many problems still which I will improve..
1) In morning, my first trade was short @8136..which is good enough entry..(though in hindsight, i think it should be around 8150, when price pull back..main problem is i still take profit after a small profit..I have fear of losing profits..so I booked profit early..& there should BE 1 trade only, I took 3 trade in same area..entry, exit, entry exit..this is monkey trading
2) I should have taken 3-4 trades..today took 5 trades, where 3 trades r part of 1 trade
3) IN MORNING SESION, I earned 25 points, so I far of losing it & I stopped trading...& to clear my psychology, I moved away from screen to regain my mind..& A GOOD MOVE MISSED..ITS A EASY MOVE TO CATCH..anyways no regret!! till I am getting 25 poinsts net daily, I am satisfied
Thanks
thanks

Dear niftytaurus,

today you took 5 trades in NF but according to me you should have been taken only 2 trades........ i am posting today's NF trades.........hope this will help you.

Today's NF trades :-

(1) Took short below 5 min 9:50 pl low with SL of 5 min 10:05 Ph high and added below ( 5 min 10:35 wrb/5 min 10:35 pl low)............. and covered 1/2 at 8003 near round figure and near at S( 8000) and rest 1/2 above 8036.60( above 5min12:25 ph high).
Reason :- 1) BOF of yesterday HOD
2) very low risk and high reward entry

(2) Took short below 8013.05 ( 5min 1:10 pl low/15min 1:15 pl low) with sl of 5 min 1:30 ph high........... added below 2:05 pl low and covered all at the closing of 3:20 bar.
Reason :- 1) over all on all TF( HFT& LFT) trend was down
2) In the direction of the previous down trend
3) very low risk and high reward entry

HEM

Last edited:

lemondew

Some patterns works most of time. I havent come across patterns which works all the time. And being discretionary isnt needed at all in this case to make some money

Vertigo_1985

Always believe in yourself and have confidence in your abilities. “Formulate and stamp indelibly on your mind a mental picture of yourself as succeeding. Hold this picture tenaciously. Never permit it to fade. Your mind will seek to develop the picture... Do not build up obstacles in your imagination.” ― Norman Vincent Peale.

VJAY

Good thread with many nice and great points from real traders..Sure these points are helped to all which is most valuable points otherthan strategy and money :D