Companion guide for Saint's 60 minutes Flow

some one pls write down the steps to trade using it............ if this then this , if that than do that ....that would be much easier for newbies no need to waste time in understanding things that irrelevant.

SamFisher

some one pls write down the steps to trade using it............ if this then this , if that than do that ....that would be much easier for newbies no need to waste time in understanding things that irrelevant.
Friend, Sincere advice, there is no nonsense in these threads and every bit of information posted here are useful. Its better to go thru all the 60 min threads and the Teach a man fish thread as much as possible before you start using 60 min flow trade. If you check the flow chart on the first page of this thread it should give you good idea about the flow of the system. Keep tracking the live trade thread during market hours.

PS: please delete your question once you see this reply as this thread is only to keep up-to-date rules and no discussions.

Good luck

shinchan

Learn it the hard way. then only you can take trading decisions with out fear.

you will not repent the hard. ( loss of money). you may be feeling it is waste of time. it will save you loss of money.

Hi Sam,

In the original thread there were some additional flowcharts detailing all the original rules. I think those were by niftychance. Those flowcharts helped me to understand this method a lot more easily than by going thru all the text descriptions.

I would suggest that anyone who needs to get a good understanding of this method should consider doing this simple excercise:
a. Read thru all the rules as posted by Saint on the original thread and also the rules as posted here. (On the original thread, you have the original rules, rules with modified gap rules and the final rule set which are essentially again the original rules)
b. Re-read the rules and try to re-write the rules in your own language. I would recommend those who are comfortable with languages other than english to write the rules in the language with which they are most comfortable.
b-i. Alternatively create flowcharts of the rules as you understand them. You can make the flowcharts using simple boxes on a piece of paper.
c. Now go thru the rules as given here and compare them with what you have summarised them as. See if you missed anything.

At this stage, you should be knowing the method by heart. If you are still not able to understand this method, then stop here and read the teach a man to fish thread from first post to last post. If you are still not clear, read thru all the posts on the original 60 min flow thread again.

If you are still not able to understand the method, then give up and find some other method to trade.

At this stage, you should know the rules very well. Now you should go and do a thorough backtest of the rules using past data. Unless you are experienced with trading and backtesting using charts, I would recommend using any trading platform/charting software that allows you to replay historical data. AmiBroker does a decent enough job of this.

During the backtesting, apply the filters as given on this thread and see how the method works for you. You should next consider doing another round of back testing with the aim of finding the most appropriate filters for the securities that you are looking at trading. The filters should prevent whipsaws, but not so many that you end up compromising the profit potential of the system.

Now you should compare your backtested results with those of Saint and others posted on the original 60 min thread and see if you are doing things differently. Try and fill any gaps in your understanding of the method and that of others.

At this stage, you should be more or less ready to trade the system. You can go ahead and trade the system independently, but I would suggest that before you begin trading, do paper trading for 2-3 weeks. Compare your paper trades with that of others posted on the weekly discussion thread and clarify any doubts you have.

If all this sounds like a lot of hard work, then you should consider some other method to trade.

-- no1lives4ever

stumper

Hi ,

I did understand the base system but thereafter a lot many people introduced gaps, pivots, etc and i got confused in the system as a whole. At the start of the parent thread the system was simple, but reading other sister threads had left me with a whole lot of questions!!

From what i could make out, this is mainly a range breakout system at core.

I used to do employ ORB (15 mins) with +5 as filter. Target and SL being the range itself. One lot sold mid-way and remaining lot sold at the fixed target(with trailing SL) . Saint's system seems to let the market decide when is the exit time (no fixed Target)

Has anybody done any back testing here to compare its result against a regular ORB system? I really will be interested in this systems performance in range bound market.

Regards,
Stumper.