Chit-Chat Thread Renewed

Status
Not open for further replies.

orderflow13

just one thought pop up so i open my lap top without any noise n postin it... n sorry for dragging this reputation/thanks thing again, its just brain storm......
well rule of the thumb is 90% in market r looser n rare 10% winners, stock/derivative markets always move in opposite of crowd n wt public thinks.... same applies to tahnking posts.. when majority of members thanks one post it means this post gonna be worthless, exception to prove the rule posts of saint sir ( crowd behavior n market moves against crowd ) ...

Sunil

There is a Zen story about two monks journeying home who come to the banks of a fast flowing river. When they reach the riverside they see a young woman unable to cross. One of the monks picks her up in his arms, carries her through the current, and sets her safely on the other side. Then the two monks continue on their travels. Finally the monk who crossed the river alone can restrain himself no longer and he begins to rebuke his brother, „You know it is against our rules to touch a woman. You have broken our holy vows.” The other monk answers, “Brother, I left that young woman on the banks of the river. Are you still carrying her?”

There is a Zen story about two monks journeying home who come to the banks of a fast flowing river. When they reach the riverside they see a young woman unable to cross. One of the monks picks her up in his arms, carries her through the current, and sets her safely on the other side. Then the two monks continue on their travels. Finally the monk who crossed the river alone can restrain himself no longer and he begins to rebuke his brother, „You know it is against our rules to touch a woman. You have broken our holy vows.” The other monk answers, “Brother, I left that young woman on the banks of the river. Are you still carrying her?”
good morning sunilji.did not understand.but good

Sunil

just one thought pop up so i open my lap top without any noise n postin it... n sorry for dragging this reputation/thanks thing again, its just brain storm......
well rule of the thumb is 90% in market r looser n rare 10% winners, stock/derivative markets always move in opposite of crowd n wt public thinks.... same applies to tahnking posts.. when majority of members thanks one post it means this post gonna be worthless, exception to prove the rule posts of saint sir ( crowd behavior n market moves against crowd ) ...
alex, cool your mind, relax....
don't be so unbiased.

Just taking your example.... I just visited saint sir's 2 pillar threads of this forum. Saw many posts by him, which were appreciated (u see it as thank meter adding) by say five persons - A, B, C, D, E.
The same set of 5 people (A, B, C, D & E) also appreciated Z's post.

Now two things are possible, if we take your "brainstorm at 2 am" into consideration:

Saint sir's post was good & Z's post was worthless
OR
Maybe Saint sir's & Z's post were good/useful but the people appreciating them (A, B, C, D, E) are morons who cannot distinguish between a good post & a worthless post.

If you have put "crowd" & "public opinion" as a criteria, then I think we should go with the second possibility. A, B, C, D & E are truly morons - it's useless & baseless when they appreciate someone's post & efforts. They should be debarred from the forum or their "thanking" facility should be removed.

comeon Alex - wassup...
why r u so deep into it?
or is it that some incident is hurting you? if yes, vomit it out & share it with all of us.

(Please excuse my tongue-in-cheek post - never intended to hurt anyone, but just to bring some amount of sensibility, in this "supposedly" senseless thread.)

Sunil

There is a Zen story about two monks journeying home who come to the banks of a fast flowing river. When they reach the riverside they see a young woman unable to cross. One of the monks picks her up in his arms, carries her through the current, and sets her safely on the other side. Then the two monks continue on their travels. Finally the monk who crossed the river alone can restrain himself no longer and he begins to rebuke his brother, You know it is against our rules to touch a woman. You have broken our holy vows. The other monk answers, Brother, I left that young woman on the banks of the river. Are you still carrying her?
The detailed version:

Two monks, a teacher and a disciple, are traveling when they come to a river. Standing on the bank is a beautiful young maiden who bemoans the fact that she cannot cross the swift waters. It is a strict rule in the monks' order that they should avoid all contact with women, and so the student looks away from her and does not respond to her in any way. Meanwhile, his teacher has spoken with her briefly, and then picks her up and carriers her across the stream. Having set the maiden down, the monk and his disciple continue on their way.

All day as they walk in silence, the disciple is troubled: one of the central edicts of their order is to avoid all contact with women, and yet his teacherwho is a very pious man, and for whom the student has an enormous amount of respecttouched this woman intimately, lifted her up, and bore her across the river. How could he resolve these actionsnoble as they areagainst the fact that they so clearly violate such a straightforward rule?

Finally, that night, after they've made camp and eaten their simple dinner of boiled rice and dried fish, the student asks: "Master, is it not the case that we are to avoid all contact with women?"

The teacher nods in agreement.

"But this morning, back at the river, you spoke to that young woman, you touched that woman, you carried her across the waters"

"Yes, and I left her at the riverside. You've been carrying her all day."

praveen taneja

hahaha!! :D:D never in my wildest dream i wd hv thought of her ..man those were my childhood days was used to wait patiently to get over with salma sultan( dont take other meaning lol ) n watch my favorite nookad, wagle ki duniya ...
Alex sir har chhez yaad ban jaati hai jab umer badti hai:D

praveen taneja

Phew~~~
Academics is taking its toll on me now. Missed TJ for so many days , couldnt post due to heavy Exam schedules and nagging teachers on my head.
Nice to see many additions of new members to our Chit Chat garden.:)

Kammy , bhai Jo ASSETS:D hamaare hain unpe logon ki nazar hai. Kuch kar bro.
PRaveen bhai PVR gaye yaa nahi:D>????????
Nahin beta cool man puts mein trap ho gayaa hoon dhyaan wahan hi lagaa hai:D

orderflow13

alex, cool your mind, relax....
don't be so unbiased.

Just taking your example.... I just visited saint sir's 2 pillar threads of this forum. Saw many posts by him, which were appreciated (u see it as thank meter adding) by say five persons - A, B, C, D, E.
The same set of 5 people (A, B, C, D & E) also appreciated Z's post.

Now two things are possible, if we take your "brainstorm at 2 am" into consideration:

Saint sir's post was good & Z's post was worthless
OR
Maybe Saint sir's & Z's post were good/useful but the people appreciating them (A, B, C, D, E) are morons who cannot distinguish between a good post & a worthless post.

If you have put "crowd" & "public opinion" as a criteria, then I think we should go with the second possibility. A, B, C, D & E are truly morons - it's useless & baseless when they appreciate someone's post & efforts. They should be debarred from the forum or their "thanking" facility should be removed.

comeon Alex - wassup...
why r u so deep into it?
or is it that some incident is hurting you? if yes, vomit it out & share it with all of us.

(Please excuse my tongue-in-cheek post - never intended to hurt anyone, but just to bring some amount of sensibility, in this "supposedly" senseless thread.)
:eek: what is this sunil ? yaar my post was strictly about crowd mentality and never intended to single out something, lol lol swear to god never thought that deep n that abcd stuff just thought pop up n i posted it, i keep those virtual tings always out of my real head :D it was market n crowd behavior thing that sparked the thought not tj n thank thing sparked it.
Only thing eating me is why the hell market is not moving in one direction

Status
Not open for further replies.