Charts for the Day

nitingosavi

Nifty still in long term downtrend as long as it is below 200 SMA on daily charts. What it is attempting is can be best said to be a pullback rally towards 200 SMA of 10765 levels...why..?? Many stocks from Nifty-50 camp are still not showing that good signs of bottoming.

Nifty hourly is in uptrend and as long as holding 10285 levels it is safe for bulls...But the errant nature of markets dealing in gap-up and gap downs it is not safe to carry intraday positions. Trade with levels only...

As long as market is staying below 200 sma it would be skeptical to be a perma bull.

Many are confused to take positions in stocks or not..??

There are approaches to be followed in market in different conditions. The strategy and risk management you had followed when nifty in uptrend didnt work in bear markets when nifty is below 200 sma... As rallies are quick ones and you need to be book profits immediately...Catching falling knives at monthly/weekly support zones is good strategy for some but you cant invest your full capital allocation on the same strategy...

I belong to camp which wait for proper base formation to be take place in stocks before venturing in. I know it requires days or rather weeks of patience to observe market sitting idle. But thats what i learned and better suited for me, and it helped me in 2008 fall also...It may require missing 15-20% of moves from bottom lows but it assures me what should be my stoploss in such scenarios...

I am not against catching falling knives totally. But you should not bet your whole allocation towards that strategy. No one knows whether market made bottom or not...I too trade 1-2 positions but followed it strictly...with tight SL and quick profit booking at targets spotted by moving averages or price action...
Thanks sir,
As usual very useful guidance.

Sent from my vivo 1801 using Tapatalk

Nifty still in long term downtrend as long as it is below 200 SMA on daily charts. What it is attempting is can be best said to be a pullback rally towards 200 SMA of 10765 levels...why..?? Many stocks from Nifty-50 camp are still not showing that good signs of bottoming.

Nifty hourly is in uptrend and as long as holding 10285 levels it is safe for bulls...But the errant nature of markets dealing in gap-up and gap downs it is not safe to carry intraday positions. Trade with levels only...

As long as market is staying below 200 sma it would be skeptical to be a perma bull.

Many are confused to take positions in stocks or not..??

There are approaches to be followed in market in different conditions. The strategy and risk management you had followed when nifty in uptrend didnt work in bear markets when nifty is below 200 sma... As rallies are quick ones and you need to be book profits immediately...Catching falling knives at monthly/weekly support zones is good strategy for some but you cant invest your full capital allocation on the same strategy...

I belong to camp which wait for proper base formation to be take place in stocks before venturing in. I know it requires days or rather weeks of patience to observe market sitting idle. But thats what i learned and better suited for me, and it helped me in 2008 fall also...It may require missing 15-20% of moves from bottom lows but it assures me what should be my stoploss in such scenarios...

I am not against catching falling knives totally. But you should not bet your whole allocation towards that strategy. No one knows whether market made bottom or not...I too trade 1-2 positions but followed it strictly...with tight SL and quick profit booking at targets spotted by moving averages or price action...

At resistance zone of 10730-10750...Sustaining above 10750 zone would be positive in intermediate term..A sell off here would test towards 10650 and failing to hold 10650 can test towards 10450...only below 10450 more serious weakness can be expected...

At resistance zone of 10730-10750...Sustaining above 10750 zone would be positive in intermediate term..A sell off here would test towards 10650 and failing to hold 10650 can test towards 10450...only below 10450 more serious weakness can be expected...
Levels still valid... :)

All is not well in midcaps & smallcaps trade with caution there...also dont try to average large caps in the name of value buying...nobody knows how much pain is left...

Nifty:

On 5min strength above 10545-550...on daily strength above 10590-600 zone...Going below previous week low of 10512 would build up pressure on bulls to give up the battle...

Bank Nifty:

Bank nifty sitting above 200 SMA on daily charts thats good for bulls...ON friday we closed below 200 SMA...today we are forming inside bar there...On daily trading below 26050 would be not good for bulls and finally below 200 sma of daily 26000 is negative for bulls...Infact it is banks which are holding well nifty as of now...so bulls are in comfortable position...once banknifty gives up bulls would be standing naked...

Looking at past 3-4 bars action on daily chart it seems churning going on..despite above avg volumes nifty is just maintaining close at same one of near to 10875...
Need caution here on longs...

Nifty is still above 200 SMA so support at these zone...
As expected nifty corrected and tested 200 day SMA support...Now todays tussle going on to acquire 10800 levels whoever succeed at EOD would be the winner...
On hourly strength only above 10800-810 levels...

VJAY

As expected nifty corrected and tested 200 day SMA support...Now todays tussle going on to acquire 10800 levels whoever succeed at EOD would be the winner...
On hourly strength only above 10800-810 levels...
Dear anilji,
Is these levels on nifty spot or futures?