Charges in ICICIDirect

Hello everyone,
i am new to trading.
I got a new demat account in ICICIDirect. I made a transaction of around 600 Rs(Buy), they charged me 2.5 % as brokerage. When i called the call center, they informed me to transact minimum of Rs 1000 to have brokerage of 0.75 %.

I again made a transaction of around 1100 Rs, This time too they charged brokerage of 2.5%. This time, the call center informed me that minimum charges is 0.75% or Rs 25 whichever is less.

This information is no where available in there website. Could anyone help me out in knowing there fee structure (please do not ask me to visit there website, it lacks user friendliness)

Does any of other service offer better deal in brokerage?

Thanks in Advance,
Suresh

VJAY

Hi,
ICICI is worst brokerage house in India.Left them and look for other broker.

Regards
VJAY

Hi,
ICICI is worst brokerage house in India.Left them and look for other broker.

Regards
VJAY
I second it
Everyone should exit from Icici securities because they charte exorbitant brokerages compared to other brokerage houses.
They eat most part of your profit........And if you make loss it is double whammy.

Finally ICICI replied to my query,
here's the summary of charges.
"
The brokerage charged for trading through ICICI Direct is 0.75%. However, if the total brokerage value for a transaction is less than Rs. 25 then a minimum value of Rs. 25 is considered as the brokerage for the transaction.

Further, a flat brokerage of 2.5 % would be charged in the case where the amount for transaction or the order placed is less than Rs. 1000.
"

For a beginner like me who would like to learn the dynamics of trading with small amount, this looks to be very costly.

how much do other brokerage firms charge such for low value transactions?

Ganesh543

ICICI Direct is a mischevious site I had trade with them for 3 years , not only their brokerage is high and weird but their trading website is also mischevious and dumb their website stop responding in peak trading hours better switch to some better brokers website

TFL

ICICI Direct is a mischevious site I had trade with them for 3 years , not only their brokerage is high and weird but their trading website is also mischevious and dumb their website stop responding in peak trading hours better switch to some better brokers website
I cannot say, their brokerage is high! but their trading platform is definitely or more worst than your said.

Finally ICICI replied to my query,
here's the summary of charges.
"
The brokerage charged for trading through ICICI Direct is 0.75%. However, if the total brokerage value for a transaction is less than Rs. 25 then a minimum value of Rs. 25 is considered as the brokerage for the transaction.

Further, a flat brokerage of 2.5 % would be charged in the case where the amount for transaction or the order placed is less than Rs. 1000.
"

For a beginner like me who would like to learn the dynamics of trading with small amount, this looks to be very costly.

how much do other brokerage firms charge such for low value transactions?
You can try Reliance Money or R.K.Global

Many are exiting ICICI It will take us to ICCU