Career Options..

arnav_rulz

Hey can anyone guide as to what all i can study after i complete by CA and my bcom(h)

God willing i should complete both by may'11 and at that rime i would be 22 yrs old.

Basically i very much interested in finance.. Now what i have scaled down as my options are
1)MBA(i dont wana do.)
2)Ms in finance(not available in india + outside india very expensive..25lk for a year!)
3)C.s ( i dont see the point really ?)
4)C.f.a ( is it really worth it after CA ?)
5)Job - dont want do it right now

From the looks of it i think this is all that is available.. But still i would want to ask if there is something else available ? a course that is worth it ? are there any other options ??

AW10

Arnav, this post was a surprise for me. You know what, so far I was thinking that your are grey haired option trader.. Kind of depth of knowledge that u have on option trading is amazing for a 20 yrs old guy.

I had written something about career choice in the past but not able to find that post. Will dig into that and try to post.

If I could suggest something here.. then forget all these streams.. and look at yourself
and find out WHAT IS YOUR GOAL ? WHAT YOU WANT TO DO IN LIFE ? WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU WANT ? etc.

IMO, each of this option (for that matter, any professional discipline) has enough of opportunity.. it is only when we are in synch with the profession, then out best comes out and we live happy satisfying life. Otherwise, u can jump into any profession, master that in few years, and then u realise what the hell I was doing.. I want to live different life.. Most of the people, go thru this phase when they are in mid 30s when 40% of life is gone.. But if you can answer those question now, then it will be easy to pick up the path. This will not be the final decision cause ur outlook will change as you see more of this world and life.

Though you have ruled out the last option of JOB, but in my opinion, if you are confused, then take the job and get the feel of real life.. You don't get this feel in university. And take a decision about your career path in 1 or 2 yrs time. Opportunity cost of correcting your path at the age of 23/24 is far less then doing that at the age of 28 or 35 or never..

If MS finance interests you, then don't stop yourself due to financial constraints. Loosers giveup their journey to constraints.. whereas winner love the constraints and find out the ways to handle them.. I am sure, if that is what u really want to do it at any cost then you will find the way out.. otherwise, probably it is not that u shd worry about it cause even if your dad/family gets the 25L, you will not be committed to it 1000%. In my experience, I have found that something that comes after the fight gives lot more pleasure and happiness then something that comes without much effort..

just sharing some of my experience from few grey hairs. Hope this helps.

All the best.

praveen taneja

Bro if you can study some more you can join CFP ( Certified Fianancial Planner)
Nowadays in banks and financial institutes they are in demand even if you dont want to do job you can open office and from there you can advice people where to invest earn and take service fee and with that you can do trading like AW10 and PT
all the best I pray for your bright and blessed future

arnav_rulz

In a hurry.. will reply to u AW sir after sometime... Thanks for the input..

@ Praveen jee. Thanks for another option.. but i have done cfp.. Just have to give one last final paper.. Been postponing it for more than a year now :(