A Career in Trading

Hello fellow market enthusiasts,

I am looking for a group of like minded people who are in more or less the same situation as I am - trading is my passion, and it's something I could do as a full time job for the rest of my life with no regrets, but going the distance alone sitting in my bedroom seems an impossible task.

Why?

Inevitably, the discipline breaks down. You get distracted. You start fudging and fiddling with your system when there is no need for it. You lose sight of the real world and get drawn into the screen with the little red and green lines.

I am looking for an organized group of traders with whom I can team up to take on the market. Discuss strategies and trades, scan for trading opportunities and exchange information, formulate a system and execute with professionalism. But even more importantly, a group of friends who share this same passion, and will actually get together, if not physically in the same location then at least on the web, and do this everyday.

A trading firm, you could call it. Or a club. Or group. It needs to serve the purpose of bringing structure and order to the daily trading life and routine of those who participate, and offer support, guidance and assistance.

Consider this both an application and an advertisement - if something like this is out there, I would very much like to join up. If not, but you think this is a good idea, then let's get something started together. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

My name is Viswanath, and I have been trading on and off for about 6 years now. I have completed BCom and the intermediate level of Chartered Accountancy, and I am currently preparing for the Finals. I am located in Bangalore, and I am currently working in a Fortune500 company.

If you can trust in my authenticity and intentions, and agree with what I have said above, then I look forward to hearing from you.

AlphaT

This is very inspiring Vishwa! Wish you all the best for this new endeavor! :) I just followed you!

Last edited:

The Pig

I am looking for a group of like minded people who are in more or less the same situation as I am - trading is my passion, and it's something I could do as a full time job for the rest of my life with no regrets, but going the distance alone sitting in my bedroom seems an impossible task.

Why?

Inevitably, the discipline breaks down. You get distracted. You start fudging and fiddling with your system when there is no need for it. You lose sight of the real world and get drawn into the screen with the little red and green lines.

I am looking for an organized group of traders with whom I can team up to take on the market. Discuss strategies and trades, scan for trading opportunities and exchange information, formulate a system and execute with professionalism. But even more importantly, a group of friends who share this same passion, and will actually get together, if not physically in the same location then at least on the web, and do this everyday.

A trading firm, you could call it. Or a club. Or group. It needs to serve the purpose of bringing structure and order to the daily trading life and routine of those who participate, and offer support, guidance and assistance.

Consider this both an application and an advertisement - if something like this is out there, I would very much like to join up. If not, but you think this is a good idea, then let's get something started together. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

My name is Viswanath, and I have been trading on and off for about 6 years now. I have completed BCom and the intermediate level of Chartered Accountancy, and I am currently preparing for the Finals. I am located in Bangalore, and I am currently working in a Fortune500 company.

If you can trust in my authenticity and intentions, and agree with what I have said above, then I look forward to hearing from you.
Heyyy, I am in, I am from Bangalore too. I am ok with web group and also with physical location too.

primitivetrader

Why?

trading is a lonely business the sooner you accept it the better . no probs in meeting other traders( off market hours- in fact its very good) but you simply cannot trade in a group/ or something like that.

trading is a lonely business the sooner you accept it the better . no probs in meeting other traders( off market hours- in fact its very good) but you simply cannot trade in a group/ or something like that.

Why not? What is the constraint here? I am not talking about two or more people sharing a single trading screen, or having one person constantly looking over my shoulder - that wouldn't work.

But having people around who know my set up, who know how I evaluate stocks and trades, and know how I am deciding on my entry and exit points.....that will help. And just having people around who could say 'thats not a good idea' would eliminate half the mistakes that I make.

If working in an organized manner with others helps, especially for the psychology of the trader, then I think that's a worthy goal to work towards. And I'm determined to make it happen. After all, it's not that different from what trading firms offer and routinely do. Except here we are all helping each other out with nothing to gain from each other's failure, and everything to gain from each other's successes.

primitivetrader

Why not? What is the constraint here? I am not talking about two or more people sharing a single trading screen, or having one person constantly looking over my shoulder - that wouldn't work.

But having people around who know my set up, who know how I evaluate stocks and trades, and know how I am deciding on my entry and exit points.....that will help. And just having people around who could say 'thats not a good idea' would eliminate half the mistakes that I make.

If working in an organized manner with others helps, especially for the psychology of the trader, then I think that's a worthy goal to work towards. And I'm determined to make it happen. After all, it's not that different from what trading firms offer and routinely do. Except here we are all helping each other out with nothing to gain from each other's failure, and everything to gain from each other's successes.
you can try and i hope you will get what you are looking for.

what i have written is as per my experience in trading. as per my exp there is a huge difference in corporate job or working in a prop firm and trading full time. i have exp of other side of the stuff also.

hopefully your exp would be different than mine.
all the best

you can try and i hope you will get what you are looking for.

what i have written is as per my experience in trading. as per my exp there is a huge difference in corporate job or working in a prop firm and trading full time. i have exp of other side of the stuff also.

hopefully your exp would be different than mine.
all the best

Which is why you are probably the right guy to be helping out...... Would you?