Can one have two demat accounts?

One of my friend has a demat a/c with Integrated Enterprises..
Now, if he wants to trade online.. Can he have another demat a/c in his name? He is a salaried person.

And what demat a/c (online) would you guys suggest to take up with?

rkkarnani

Oh thanx...
Any links for the source (proof) ?
No sir, I dont have any proof but do not remember reading about any restriction on demat account.
Also I consider Bank accounts at par with Demat accounts, the difference being that in banks you trasact money and in Demat share transactions are done. WE DO NOT HAVE ANY RESTRICTIONS ON HOW MANY BANK ACCOUNTS WE CAN HAVE SO I CONSIDER THE SAME APPLIES FOR DEMAT A/C TOO.
Regards
R K Karnani

No sir, I dont have any proof but do not remember reading about any restriction on demat account.
Also I consider Bank accounts at par with Demat accounts, the difference being that in banks you trasact money and in Demat share transactions are done. WE DO NOT HAVE ANY RESTRICTIONS ON HOW MANY BANK ACCOUNTS WE CAN HAVE SO I CONSIDER THE SAME APPLIES FOR DEMAT A/C TOO.
Regards
R K Karnani
Thanks very much for the help.... :cool:
Now, coming to the second question ....
I need an online share-broking demat a/c.
I'm leaning towards ICICI demat... but forum members say it's bad and costly..
Which is the best then? :rolleyes:

rkkarnani

Thanks very much for the help.... :cool:
Now, coming to the second question ....
I need an online share-broking demat a/c.
I'm leaning towards ICICI demat... but forum members say it's bad and costly..
Which is the best then? :rolleyes:
I depends , if you are trading through ICICI then it is advisablethat you have an account with them. It should not matterif the charges are a bit on the higher side. Ther would be other advantages of having a demat with your trading account.
I trade through MOSL and have my demat account with them and is working fine.