cAN ANYONE SOLVE MY QUERY???

CASPER

NDude...,

Hope you will find the below information useful and will clarify your doubt(s)...,

Firsty if you are using HDFC Securities and you will be placing an order in the Cash segment (CNC- Cash and carry) there is NO need to block amount initially. You must ensure in your browser (Iexplorer/Mozilla) POP BLOCK is disabled for HDFC sec( Of course if you are taking several trades in A DAY it will save you from the hassle(popups) of being prompted everytime money has to be deducted from your account with the bank.

The first screen below will be displayed when you click on HOLD you have a drop down to select CNC/MARGIN ..., when you select One among them and specify the respective Money that needs to be blocked it will be blocked in your account and can be seen as per 2nd Screen Print Below ( To see this you must click on the LIMITS tab i.e before History tab ) ... Once you take any trades amount after deduction will be displayed accordingly under respective field.

Screen 1

Screen 2

Once Money is Blocked you can also transfer them between CNC/Margin ( Above screen)

Depending on what you selected CNC/Margin you must select appropriately when you place an order ( LAST Screen Print ) .

Screen 3

As mentioned in my first Sentence ALL this is(Blocking) not required if you are doing equities ( Placing an order using the FULL amount required to trade )

If you wish to take trades in MARGIN whether its Equities/F&O you MUST Block initially before you place an Order

Hope the above helps ..., Do post here if you have any further queries w.r.t using HDFC sec Trading .

NB

Last edited: