Building Up A Portfolio At A 7000 Level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I give a call on Cinemax sometime back?
I might have forgotten to give!!
It has appreciated 20% in last 15 sessions - today it has moved up more than 9%.
Target Rs.250.
No timeframe set to achieve this target.
So, I think, it is still good to enter.

Next Tip:
Petronet LNG.
Buy at CMP. Target1 Rs.130 and Target2 Rs.140.
Time period: 4 weeks
Actually Supratik had given a call on this few weeks back when it was at Rs.80 and it has appreciated nearly 33% from there.
Now, you can take this as a revised call and accumulate more.
Thanks for the original tip Supratik.

-Narendra

Supratik,
Finally, some action is seen on Lok Housing. Looks like repeal of Urban Land Ceiling is working in its favor. Counter has appreciated more than 20% in less than a week.

- Hitesh

Hi All,
I am combining all the posts in one
Narendra,
On the s/w front, I am not sure whether you can compile on Sun Solaris or any UNIX flavour, you may need to check the compatibility,
Times is a difficult one to enter, but I think one should keep trying....I dont have any price target or any confirmation on that.
On reliance, I like RIL, Rel Capital and reliance Communication. But I somehow dont like Relaince Natural and RPL although they have given the best returns.
and thanks for the update on Petronet (actually there is a research report from CLSA saying sell with a price target of 70) but I personally feel we should hold it.
I would like to mention that I have always requested my viewers that stocks like Infosys, TCS, Reliance group, L&T and others should form the major percentage in your holding.
The tips given in this thread are addition to boost your profits and fundamentals.
Another tip on the way.....Subex Azure (now Subex Ltd). CMP 300 - buy.
Keeping in mind the impact of rupee appreciation, I still recommend a buy on this counter and it will do well in time.
Buy in small quantity....and ofcourse there is no need to hurry....and to quit...keep patience :)
Please Note: I have recently added this company in my portfolio.
Hitesh - Lets hope for the best on Lok.
Also, one more news - RJ is issued warrants by Rishi Lazer...keep a track
Thanks and Regards
Supratik

Today is the first time I came across this thread.

Lots of great calls.

I will be following this thread closely. I hope to align a part of my portfolio accordingly, and to learn at the same time.

Regards
Satdeep

Sahil,
Subex is one of the good performers and the only effect is the dollar depreciation.
The fundamentals and the management is sound, I believe that this counter will pick good momentum.
But as I have mentioned earlier...you can wait to enter this counter as you may not find profits in the short or medium term.
You must remember that the software sector has been a laggard but a chunk of the Indian economy also depend on this sector. For a unianimous growth, you will need all sectors to perform well and in well-balance.
You cannot have the sensex touching a 52 week's high and Infosys, TCS touching their lows...its just a matter of time and all you need is patience,
satdeep - Sure you will find a lot in this thread and it grows with input from all members and participants. Do learn and help us share knowledge from either ends.
Appreciate all!!
Thanks and Regards
Supratik

One thing which we have to understand that this rupee deprecialtion will require some adjustments in the projections by these companies. If the decline is gradual these companies will be able to manage.
RBI is also ensuring that if there is a decline it should be in a gradual mode.
The long term target for rupee according to some FIIs is 35-37. But if this decline is takes a longer time to happen than the volume growth in the IT stock will somewhat offset this downfall.
Anyhow we may still see further decline in IT stocks. hence it is advisable to buy in small lot at declines.

One thing which we have to understand that this rupee deprecialtion will require some adjustments in the projections by these companies. If the decline is gradual these companies will be able to manage.
RBI is also ensuring that if there is a decline it should be in a gradual mode.
The long term target for rupee according to some FIIs is 35-37. But if this decline is takes a longer time to happen than the volume growth in the IT stock will somewhat offset this downfall.
Anyhow we may still see further decline in IT stocks. hence it is advisable to buy in small lot at declines.
In reality, it is not rupee appreciation - it is dollar depreciation! RBI can take some measures to control if rupee appreciates on its own. But, we cannot do anything if dollar depreciates, as it has happened now.
And dollar depreciation has to do with the US economy and it is in deep trouble. Already the recession has started and nobody knows how long it will take to recover and how it will impact the world economy - atleast no signs of it in the near future. If this continues for a year or two, then dollar may go down to 30 or lower also.
Our software companies have realized this and have started looking at other geographies and have been changing their strategies. But, this will take a while to materialize in terms of earnings and profits. But, it is not an easy change and also not a cheap one. They have to reduce costs and increase earnings & show better margins. So, I think, we will have to wait and watch for another one or two quarters to know, where our software companies are headed.

Status
Not open for further replies.