BSE EOD Downloader

jdm

pkjha30 said:
Hi jdm

I have to thank you for your excellent excel sheet. I was always suspicious about Charting module of BSE and how thay are collecting data in temporary storage. I was able to trap the data but it never occured me to examine the query and that includes intraday.All the time concentrated on bhav copies. What a possiblity you have thrown open. Same is true for NSE. But for want of time and energy I was not implementing it. Now you have pointed a way so with your permission I will incorporate in my software. BSE never said they don't permit this anyway.

I think I will implement those intradays also

Thanks a lot

Pankaj:)

ps: I have not given url as you have not indicated it. Though there is noting wrong abt it.
hi pankaj,

as i already mentioned i am not a programmer. infact never ever attend those "Windows MS office, internet" classes (whatever they mean). theres a lot of good programmer out here and i think i myself has been benefited the most, by them. Satya for example has developed a lovely tool (yahooRT). but sad for us poor folks its a sharewhare. but i do understand the cost. and i believe, if you folks develops the worksheet (i refuse to use the word software to describe my application) i will be the one to be benefited the most.

i always believe if somebody is not interested in going public then one should respect his/her privacy. nse do not have any issues. it does provide with historical data. bse does not. whatever issues it have i respect it. and i thank you pankaj for sharing my view. but then the quest for knowledge scores above all.

cracking a password is nothing difficult. somebody might have already done it. anyway if anybody out here needs the password just leave a email id here. i will be happy to help him.

cheers,
jdm.

Last edited:

jdm

satish_goteti said:
JDM - Lovely utility you have created and amazed at the speed. Can you share the password privately? Would like to peek into the code..

Regards
Satish
just give me your email id.

jdm

cooltetra said:
Hi JDM
Yes, could find that it was a webquery. But the link you are using for the webquery is a very good one. And since it is a webpage without any images, so we have that great speed. Thanks a lot for the link.

Do you have something similar for NSE too??

Best Regards
Coool.
with bse the data is nothing but the quotes and quotes and quotes. the problem with nse is that the data comes in java format (hope so). webquary does not help. but then since bse worked fine i really didn't worked hard.

pkjha30

jdm said:
hi pankaj,

as i already mentioned i am not a programmer. infact never ever attend those "Windows MS office, internet" classes (whatever they mean). theres a lot of good programmer out here and i think i myself has been benefited the most, by them. Satya for example has developed a lovely tool (yahooRT). but sad for us poor folks its a sharewhare. but i do understand the cost. and i believe, if you folks develops the worksheet (i refuse to use the word software to describe my application) i will be the one to be benefited the most.

i always believe if somebody is not interested in going public then one should respect his/her privacy. nse do not have any issues. it does provide with historical data. bse does not. whatever issues it have i respect it. and i thank you pankaj for sharing my view. but then the quest for knowledge scores above all.

cracking a password is nothing difficult. somebody might have already done it. anyway if anybody out here needs the password just leave a email id here. i will be happy to help him.

cheers,
jdm.
Hi jdm

BSE is now giving eod since 24th april and one can get it. Charting data is also accessed through asp from the same database. But data is specifically formatted for equis metastock charting module developped for bse.urls can be easily found by what is going out from your computer to fetch data. it is in public domain and not encoded to secure privacy.

There is no need to crack any password to know the code. It is very unethical and gives no credit to the programmer's effort.. Your sheet does it wonderfully and no further necessity to do any work on that..

Pankaj:)

jdm said:
with bse the data is nothing but the quotes and quotes and quotes. the problem with nse is that the data comes in java format (hope so). webquary does not help. but then since bse worked fine i really didn't worked hard.
It surely is some java applet, but then surely they are downloading it somewhere temp in our harddisk.
pkjha30 said:
urls can be easily found by what is going out from your computer to fetch data.
Pankaj can you provide some pointers to it. How do you find the urls going out.

The reason I am so inclined to know is due to some feature request for coolintra. If we can download the data, may be I can take it further to get it fed to Fcharts. That will make the charts realtime.

Best Regards
Coool.

jdm

hi pankaj,

i always felt i am fetching the data through "teri ungli". thats also a reason, why i protected my worksheet. although no harm in it as theres no matters of privacy violation. bse is doling out bhavcopies. but is yet to give Historical data, which its peer NSE does provides with.

cheers,
jdm.

jdm

cooltetra said:
The reason I am so inclined to know is due to some feature request for coolintra. If we can download the data, may be I can take it further to get it fed to Fcharts. That will make the charts realtime.
the main problem with intraday is, the bse server gets jammed during market hours.

i have uploaded a basic intraday version also. do have a look.

pkjha30

jdm said:
the main problem with intraday is, the bse server gets jammed during market hours.

i have uploaded a basic intraday version also. do have a look.

jdm

now you know why they don't want to make it public.

Another reason is that they provide these info at some cost. Its a BOLT terminal for connectivity. WEBEX or WEBTRADE is another interface.

Its ruled by ex-brokers so .........

Nse has no such issues.

pankaj:)

jdm - I would not like to share my email id here due to fear of SPAM. I have enough emails hitting my email box :(.

I have enabled private messaging. Can you please send the password through PM feature of this website?

Regards
Satish