BSE EOD Downloader

jdm

pkjha30 said:
jdm

now you know why they don't want to make it public.

Another reason is that they provide these info at some cost. Its a BOLT terminal for connectivity. WEBEX or WEBTRADE is another interface.

Its ruled by ex-brokers so .........

Nse has no such issues.

pankaj:)
well pankaj,
i dont think they do use the same interface. atleast thats not the right thing to do. too many security issues. you should know better.

may be due to heavy useage during market hours, add to that lack of infrastructure.

pkjha30

jdm said:
well pankaj,
i dont think they do use the same interface. atleast thats not the right thing to do. too many security issues. you should know better.

may be due to heavy useage during market hours, add to that lack of infrastructure.
Well jdm

That's how it is. Its a secure terminal. So no problem on that front. Mostly ftp with encrypted data going to and fro. Pretty garbage for html or text. They use 128 bitSSL. They allow to registered user and brokers only.
No problem as long as thay get paid.

Pankaj:)

cooltetra said:
Hi Jdm
Nice sheet.
Will it be possible to have a symbol translation page(a one time effort) and some loops that will download all the data for all the symbols for the specfied period. And then formatted output for Fcharts, Amibroker, etc...This will be great help to those starting now and want to dig for the BSE scrip data.

I could have peeped in the code to look for it but :D

Best Regards
Coool.

Cool/JDM/Pankaj

Please have a look at this. Maybe this will help you guys to download multiple scrips data at one shot? This is basically an extension and some changes to jdm's version so that looping is possible.

Other stuff which I could gather is a list of all BSE Symbols :) Don't ask me how but I did it and am sure you can too..

Just some R&D on the symbol search page of BSE and you can crack it yourself.

BSE-multiple-scrips-eod-data-downloader-v1-0

As always feedback is important to stabilize this spreadsheet.

Regards
Satish

satish_goteti said:
Cool/JDM/Pankaj

Please have a look at this. Maybe this will help you guys to download multiple scrips data at one shot? This is basically an extension and some changes to jdm's version so that looping is possible.

Other stuff which I could gather is a list of all BSE Symbols :) Don't ask me how but I did it and am sure you can too..

Regards
Satish
Hi! Satish,

The spreadsheet works like a dream.

Just one request ...

Instead of getting separate sheets for "each" symbol, would it be possible
to get separate sheets "date wise" for "all symbols"

Basically, like the EOD bhavcopy that we download everyday. That would be truly valuable. Or am I asking for too much? :p

Thanks & regards,
Amit

jdm

satish_goteti said:
Cool/JDM/Pankaj

Regards
Satish
hi satish,

good to see my baby grow.

the scope to develop my idea into a potent tool is enormous. i not being a programmer, could progress only few steps. it has just gone a step further holding your hand.

the heart of the worksheet is the link from which it gets the data. the same not being an open one, i myself desisted from making it public for the possible misuse of it and for its commercial exploitation. any body with the true spirit of developing the same as a free software, in every respect, is welcome to do so. one can at any point request me (or satish) for the source code. i thanks satish for sharing and respecting my views.

i also take this opportunity to highlight about the post that munchikana proposed yesterday ( http://www.traderji.com/software/7138-traderji-please-consider-these-suggestions.html ). and in my opinion we must make most of the opportunity. here in traderji, theres lot of good programmers and together we can built true world class softwares.

cheers,
jdm.

murthymsr

hi sateesh n jdm,

nice to see you together to bring out another piece of software, wabted by many. congrats.

i have one suggestion. is it possible to save the stock file in csv format instead of xls format? that may reduce the file size considerably. when one deals with many stock files, the saving is enormous. it will also be light on RAM. most TA software accept csv and txt files as input rather than xls files. not withstanding what i said, it is a good initiative.

i suggest both of you to join the new sw development initiative of this forum coming up soon.

all the best.
murthymsr

murthymsr said:
hi sateesh n jdm,

nice to see you together to bring out another piece of software, wabted by many. congrats.

i have one suggestion. is it possible to save the stock file in csv format instead of xls format? that may reduce the file size considerably. when one deals with many stock files, the saving is enormous. it will also be light on RAM. most TA software accept csv and txt files as input rather than xls files. not withstanding what i said, it is a good initiative.

i suggest both of you to join the new sw development initiative of this forum coming up soon.

all the best.
murthymsr
Hi Satish/JDM
I can take this up (I mean saving to a csv file.)

And lets come together.
If you have looked at Coolintra..you will see that I am slowly taking it towards a good Intraday tool. Maybe satish, you can take up some part of it, say the position sizing part, Later we can integrate it all.
I feel a kind of repetition when I compare the features.
Satish, If you feel, we should start with ur version, we can do it so too.
There is lot more to be done.

In my view, the steps are..
1. Get the data (This is done for both BSE/NSE)
2. Analyze it( some part as per Intraday is done in CoolIntra)
3. Position sizing, risk consideration, alerts for break of the supports/ resitance :- is left.
4. Trade analysis( Is left)
5. And lot more with time as we grow.

Extremly sorry, if this hurts you in anyway.

Best Regards
Coool.

murthymsr

cooltetra said:
Hi Satish/JDM
And lets come together.
Coool.
hi sateesh/jdm,

it's a good suggestion.

skilled coding resources are available but still not many hands, with a zeal to deliver in a freeware model.

duplication, may have to be avoided so that available resources are optimally utilised.

software testing is another area where lot of services are required so that a tested product reahces the users.

with the formation of the 'development center' within the Traderji forum, we can streamline the resources and achieve good results.

i hope all people with sw skills take positions in the development center so that quality products can be delivered.

hope you both and all others agree to make the team stronger.

all the best.
murthymsr

jdm

murthymsr said:
hi sateesh/jdm,

it's a good suggestion.

skilled coding resources are available but still not many hands, with a zeal to deliver in a freeware model.

duplication, may have to be avoided so that available resources are optimally utilised.

software testing is another area where lot of services are required so that a tested product reahces the users.

with the formation of the 'development center' within the Traderji forum, we can streamline the resources and achieve good results.

i hope all people with sw skills take positions in the development center so that quality products can be delivered.

hope you both and all others agree to make the team stronger.

all the best.
murthymsr
hi murthymsr,
you rightly said "skilled coding resources are available but still not many hands".

as i have repeatedly said i am not a programmer so the scope of development of the worksheet is very limited in my hand. what i did was very rudimentary to fulfill my needs which it did. in expert hand it could be a potent tool. and thats why i share it with you all.

i am all here to share the code as long as its remains free and is not commercially exploited.

just leave one's email id here or maybe i could PM him/her

cheers,
jdm.

murthymsr

jdm said:
hi murthymsr,

i am all here to share the code as long as its remains free and is not commercially exploited.

just leave one's email id here or maybe i could PM him/her

cheers,
jdm.
hi jdm,

i din't ask for the programme or the code. (I don't trade in BSE).

i wanted you to join. :)
sw skills or no skills no matter.

all the best.
murthymsr