brokerage calculations probs..HELP NEEDED

aryan.

Usually in Indiabulls the minimum brokerage is always 0.05 or 5 paisa . So dont know how you got charged this rate of 4 paisa.

Always to waive off minimum brokerage you must have a minimum margin of 1 lakh in your account. This plans is usually offered by the branch manager and not the RM.So you can escalate if you want to.
If you can negotiate with the RM, you can get it reduced to 3 paisa.

..and also i was offered a brokerage of 3p at the time of account opening process...IS THERE ANY THING THAT I CAN DO TO GET THESE
Ya Indiabull does that, the RM thinks that the clients are stupid and wont notice the difference. Go talk to your RM till he agrees to reduce it to 3p. He will send an email to their Head Office to reduce the brokerage for your client ID.

alroyraj

^^
I guess .04% is your brokerage with a minimum brokerage of 4 paise per share.
Maybe aditya your brokerage rate is 0.01% so the min brokerage rate is 1 paisa.

But I am being charged the minimum brokerage of 1 paise even though I have much less than 1 lakh as margin amount. I have opened the account recently and when I asked the RM about min. brokerage, he said he would do it 1paise.
I think the minimum brokerage is pegged to the intraday brokerage rate. :clap::clapping:
I am paying 0.05% and the minimum brokerage is 5 paisa.:confused:

If you can negotiate with the RM, you can get it reduced to 3 paisa.
Similar if aryan you are having a min brokerage rate of 0.03% maybe thats how your min brokerage is 3 paisa.

Maybe accounting gets easier for Indiabulls.:rofl:

Last edited:

I think the minimum brokerage is pegged to the intraday brokerage rate. :clap::clapping:

Similar if aryan you are having a min brokerage rate of 0.03% maybe thats how your min brokerage is 3 paisa.

Are u paying 0.05% on both legs or only on the buy side?

On both legs. I know its more so gonna open another account @0.01%.
Is it with Indiabulls again or with whom?
What is the volume commitment for getting 0.01% ?
Indiabulls' representative offered me 0.03% / 0.3% without any volume commitment.
I think if I have opened the account, I would see different rate in the contract note.:confused:

alroyraj

Is it with Indiabulls again or with whom?
What is the volume commitment for getting 0.01% ?
Indiabulls' representative offered me 0.03% / 0.3% without any volume commitment.
I think if I have opened the account, I would see different rate in the contract note.:confused:
Yes with Indiabulls both times. First I opened in Bangalore .Here in Bangalore both IB and SK dont go below 0.05%.
No volume committment @0.01% .Its the Chennai branch.
Since I have not seen them offer below 0.05%, I cant comment on the contract note.
But let met ell you the brokerage rate is determined by the RM only and is entered by the RM on the last page on the registration booklet. If not due to whatever reason (ignorance or on purpose),the default rate is applied. Brokerage varies widely across locations,lower in metros.
I think its the RKG effect. :clap:

Yes with Indiabulls both times. First I opened in Bangalore .Here in Bangalore both IB and SK dont go below 0.05%.
No volume committment @0.01% .Its the Chennai branch.
Since I have not seen them offer below 0.05%, I cant comment on the contract note.
But let met ell you the brokerage rate is determined by the RM only and is entered by the RM on the last page on the registration booklet. If not due to whatever reason (ignorance or on purpose),the default rate is applied. Brokerage varies widely across locations,lower in metros.
I think its the RKG effect. :clap:
0.01% without any volume commitment ! That's a very nice deal.:thumb:
But do check the contract note after u trade in this new account and let us know.
Yes, I know RM should write the brokerage in that particular space of the form but they insist us to sign only in atleast 40 places and they will fill the form later.

adityasaraf007

No. My brokerage is 3paise and 30 paise both side with minimum brokerage of 1paise.

I suggest you call your RM and ask him to reduce the minimum brokerage and even the normal brokerage as what you are paying is 5paise and 50paise, which is a lot more. Your RM will just send an email and the very next day, someone from Indiabulls will call you to confirm your new brokerage rates.

I have just started trading with an initial capital of Rs15000 and he even said that if I continue trading then he would even reduce the brokerage to 2p/20p.

Good luck to you!!

Last edited:

alroyraj

No. My brokerage is 3paise and 30 paise both side with minimum brokerage of 1paise.

I suggest you call your RM and ask him to reduce the minimum brokerage and even the normal brokerage as what you are paying is 5paise and 50paise, which is a lot more. Your RM will just send an email and the very next day, someone from Indiabulls will call you to confirm your new brokerage rates.

I have just started trading with an initial capital of Rs15000 and he even said that if I continue trading then he would even reduce the brokerage to 2p/20p.

Good luck to you!!
Maybe I will try again ,while I was trading equities I trying negotiating. Started Futures after that,so will see.
Thanking for informing about the min brokerage bit.
Hey Aditya where are you trading from...which branch?

Hey guys,
just wanted to share with all traderji members,lowest brokerage and unlimited intrady limit with impeccable doorstep service.Anyone interested can write to me..
Surely u will love this scheme...