Broker with a reliable platform

Hello everyone - I am a new investor looking for a reliable broker. I have seen reports of orders not going through, inability to login or fetch data , failure to unwind a position etc in volatile conditions with almost all discount brokers from people who lost quite a bit of money because of that. My intention is to mostly indulge in long term investing but even that might sometimes involve trading in very active markets to, say, take advantage of a dip or to close a position to avoid losses.
I dont mind paying a substantial fixed price per executed order ( like Rs 100 as opposed ro the current low charges ) but I dont want to pay a % of trade value that most full service brokers charge. Discount brokers are cheap but none of them seem to be reliable.This is just my impression as a novice reading about others' experiences and I hope you all can educate me.

Thanks in advance :)

Hello everyone - I am a new investor looking for a reliable broker. I have seen reports of orders not going through, inability to login or fetch data , failure to unwind a position etc in volatile conditions with almost all discount brokers from people who lost quite a bit of money because of that. My intention is to mostly indulge in long term investing but even that might sometimes involve trading in very active markets to, say, take advantage of a dip or to close a position to avoid losses.
I dont mind paying a substantial fixed price per executed order ( like Rs 100 as opposed ro the current low charges ) but I dont want to pay a % of trade value that most full service brokers charge. Discount brokers are cheap but none of them seem to be reliable.This is just my impression as a novice reading about others' experiences and I hope you all can educate me.

Thanks in advance :)
i will recommend you to go with fyers securities. It is very nice platform which I think will satisfy all your conditions.
You may give my referal if you like to

ajeetsingh

I use Nest from SASonline and works perfect for me.
Traded, almost on all crashes or budget day as well or any news day....
faced no problem at all, although exposures are blocked on these days but
I think it wont affect you.
NOW software from any reputed broker also works well.... (I have it from Astha)
I have worst personal experience with RKSV and Zerodha.
**In case you open account then you can give my referral (Its your wish...)

I have seen reports of orders not going through, inability to login or fetch data , failure to unwind a position etc in volatile conditions with almost all discount brokers from people who lost quite a bit of money because of that.
Such conditions can also occur with full time brokers as many things depends on many many factors!!. If you read demat/trading forms provided by ALL these brokers almost all of them makes you sign that "they are not responsible for software/ link malfunction of any type". I would suggest you to try a broker with less customer base and stick with NSE NOW or NEST terminal and dont go with their experimental fancy stuff.

@darkenergy - Thanks for your input. Yes, they do have that clause in the contract to avoid liability but the issues I mentioned are certainly way more frequent in discount brokers like Zerodha. A cursory comparison of complaints online and experiences of customers reveals that.

I thank you all for your comments. Havent yet made up my mind on the broker. Please PM me your client IDs so that I can use it for referral while registration.