best book on stock trading

what is the best book on stock trading ? could anyone guide me ?:confused:
The Intelligent Investor is a classic authored by the late Benjamin Graham. Even Warren Buffett says it's the best book on investing ever written so far.

Also, any knowledge amassed through good books on trading psychology would undoubtedly be a valuable asset. There are heaps of reading material and videos available on the internet, at least it's the staple source of information as far as I can think of.

Brett Steenbarger - Psychology Of Trading

Last edited:

Cubt

Algo Trader
The best book on stock trading is
How I made 2million dollar by Nicholas darvas.

Mr.G

Best book by far for retail trader is intelligent investor and for professional is security analysis.

Cubt

Algo Trader
Tat was my perspective, I hate the so called professional books. When I read a book if it doesnt keep me engaged for at least 2 chapters, then I will never complete tat book.

Especially when the subject deals with finance, stocks, securities, the book shouldnt bore u

Cubt

Algo Trader
Also include,

The greatest trade ever - john paulson
Trading for living
Trading for financial freedom
Disciplined trader by mark dogulas
Market wizards

Am yet to find a good book from indian author.

DSM

Read all below, and well recommended for any trader.

Each book provides a different insight. The greatest trade ever - the story of how John Paulson was an eye opener. Though not a fan of his, the story details how big funds play and the research that goes into the trades. The analysis part is amazing, because the big payoffs are at a time when a fund is placing a bet against the trend and conventional wisdom.... but the funds play big, and have the vision to see beyond the immediate... the payoff is far away, mostly over a few months, or even years, and in the meantime, they take big hits against their position, but hold on to the trade with conviction - maybe with additional research and even outside and independent analysis to remove bias.

Market wizards series is a classic too, and details the mind and general systems of many extremely successful traders who even blow up a few times. The story is of the few who remain. (I would also like to read about traders who blow up - and fade away into the horizon - should make interesting reading and provide good insight)

The disciplined trader is also a must read. It is more of an insight to a traders mind and psychology. Many traders can readily identify and see themselves in it.... It has helpful and practical advise at a psychological level.

One book I am reading now is Phantom of the Pits - An insight provided by a successful trader with over 30 years experience. The essential points made which is entirely opposite of how traders think - To assume that the trade one is entering is wrong. (It makes it easier to enter and exit a position quickly and for a small loss)

Another book that I would recommend to traders is - The black swan and Fooled by randomness by Nicolas Taleb. This is a bit higher level reading and may not be liked by all. But worth a read in my view.

Happy reading and happy trading.

Also include,

The greatest trade ever - john paulson
Trading for living
Trading for financial freedom
Disciplined trader by mark dogulas
Market wizards

Am yet to find a good book from indian author.

Cubt

Algo Trader
Yes, you are right. Am yet to complete the book fooled by randomness. We need to have high level of understanding I guess.

Will try phantom of pits. Gonna order right away. Thanks for ur input.

DSM

Hi Cubt,

DanPickUp had posted the link of the interview - Do check it out here :

Veteran trader Sir Oilman5, also a man from India, did recommend it in this post: http://www.traderji.com/trading-care...tml#post843689 and I checked the book. It is indeed a very good book to read and many aspects about real trading, which are many times not locked at as only new systems and strategies are presented, are lighted out. A good and must do preparation for newbies when want to follow and actively participate in a holy grail thread. Here the link: http://www.trading-naked.com/library...he _Pits.pdf
Unquote

Yes, you are right. Am yet to complete the book fooled by randomness. We need to have high level of understanding I guess.

Will try phantom of pits. Gonna order right away. Thanks for ur input.