best book on stock trading

prst

currently reading "Introduction to technical analysis" by Martin Pring.
its good for beginners.

Cubt

Algo Trader
Dude, for technical analysis dont read such books. Go to nse website n download ncfm technical analysis module. Trust me I learnt all most everything abt TA wit tat module.

Tamil trader

Dude, for technical analysis dont read such books. Go to nse website n download ncfm technical analysis module. Trust me I learnt all most everything abt TA wit tat module.
hai kiruba,

very soon, you will become a portfolio manager......... study mcx MCCP modules also.........

by

Vinoth

Cubt

Algo Trader
Yeah..will do.. Have Currency derivatives certification exam next month, once that is completed, will do MCX

Read all below, and well recommended for any trader.

Each book provides a different insight. The greatest trade ever - the story of how John Paulson was an eye opener. Though not a fan of his, the story details how big funds play and the research that goes into the trades. The analysis part is amazing, because the big payoffs are at a time when a fund is placing a bet against the trend and conventional wisdom.... but the funds play big, and have the vision to see beyond the immediate... the payoff is far away, mostly over a few months, or even years, and in the meantime, they take big hits against their position, but hold on to the trade with conviction - maybe with additional research and even outside and independent analysis to remove bias.

Market wizards series is a classic too, and details the mind and general systems of many extremely successful traders who even blow up a few times. The story is of the few who remain. (I would also like to read about traders who blow up - and fade away into the horizon - should make interesting reading and provide good insight)

The disciplined trader is also a must read. It is more of an insight to a traders mind and psychology. Many traders can readily identify and see themselves in it.... It has helpful and practical advise at a psychological level.

One book I am reading now is Phantom of the Pits - An insight provided by a successful trader with over 30 years experience. The essential points made which is entirely opposite of how traders think - To assume that the trade one is entering is wrong. (It makes it easier to enter and exit a position quickly and for a small loss)

Another book that I would recommend to traders is - The black swan and Fooled by randomness by Nicolas Taleb. This is a bit higher level reading and may not be liked by all. But worth a read in my view.

Happy reading and happy trading.
thanks for insight.......currently reading The Intelligent Invester..which book should i follow