Basic fundas of all cos in 1 excel sheet

tanewbie

Hi Tanewbie,

I have not been successful in importing the data into Amibroker even after creating the new format file. What could be wrong

Thanks & Regards
Ken
use the following format file

make sure tha ticker should be the symbol of NSE in yr database.

# Format definition file generated automatically
# by AmiBroker's ASCII Import Wizard

$FORMAT Ticker, FULLNAME, SHARES_SHORT, ALIAS, SHARES_OUT, BOOK_VALUE_PER_SHARE, DIVIDEND, FREE_CASH_FLOW, EPS, OPERATING_MARGIN, EPS_EST_CUR_YEAR,QTRLY_EARNINGS_GROWTH

$SKIPLINES 5
$SEPARATOR ,
$CONT 1
$GROUP 255
$DEBUG 1
$NOQUOTES 1
$ALLOWNEG 1

tanewbie

hi tanewbie ,
Thanks for the data. I was wanted to know the source of the data. Just wanted to make sure that the data can be trusted. Hope you dont feel offended.

Thanks for all the effort.
The data is from capitalmarket.com and its quite reliable. However one should always double check b4 acting on the info.

kenneth

use the following format file

make sure tha ticker should be the symbol of NSE in yr database.

$FORMAT Ticker, FULLNAME, SHARES_SHORT, ALIAS, SHARES_OUT, BOOK_VALUE_PER_SHARE, DIVIDEND, FREE_CASH_FLOW, EPS, OPERATING_MARGIN, EPS_EST_CUR_YEAR,QTRLY_EARNINGS_GROWTH

$SKIPLINES 5
$SEPARATOR ,
$CONT 1
$GROUP 255
$DEBUG 1
$NOQUOTES 1
$ALLOWNEG 1
Thanks Tanewbie. I am using the same format file with RETURN_ON_ASSETS fo he face value. My last update was 200809. But after that I have not been able to update from the other files. Data does not get imported. Can't figure out what is wrong.

Regards
Ken

Hi tanewbie

Is it from the paid section in capitalmarkets.com that you are downloading these information or from the free section in the site? All the databases it seems are in the paid section.

Regards
Ravi

tanewbie

Thanks Tanewbie. I am using the same format file with RETURN_ON_ASSETS fo he face value. My last update was 200809. But after that I have not been able to update from the other files. Data does not get imported. Can't figure out what is wrong.

Regards
Ken
If the data is not updating since 200808, then u might hv rearranged the tickers from group 255 to some oher group. Some adjustments you might hv done since tht date to your database

If you can post any format file which you are currently using to update the database we can investigate.

kenneth

If the data is not updating since 200808, then u might hv rearranged the tickers from group 255 to some oher group. Some adjustments you might hv done since tht date to your database

If you can post any format file which you are currently using to update the database we can investigate.
Hi Tanewbie,

The entire database has been moved to Amibroker in a different directory but has the group as 255 for NSE.I Have BSE and NSE symbols in one data base and both are in group 255 in which I have imported the fanda data. I am using this fanda format file.

$FORMAT Ticker, FULLNAME, SHARES_SHORT, ALIAS, SHARES_OUT, BOOK_VALUE_PER_SHARE, DIVIDEND, FREE_CASH_FLOW, EPS, OPERATING_MARGIN, EPS_EST_CUR_YEAR,QTRLY_EARNINGS_GROWTH,RETURN_ON_ASSETS

$SKIPLINES 5
$SEPARATOR ,
$CONT 1
$GROUP 255
$DEBUG 1
$NOQUOTES 1
$ALLOWNEG 1

Thanks & Regards
Ken

tanewbie

Hi Tanewbie,

The entire database has been moved to Amibroker in a different directory but has the group as 255 for NSE.I Have BSE and NSE symbols in one data base and both are in group 255 in which I have imported the fanda data. I am using this fanda format file.

$FORMAT Ticker, FULLNAME, SHARES_SHORT, ALIAS, SHARES_OUT, BOOK_VALUE_PER_SHARE, DIVIDEND, FREE_CASH_FLOW, EPS, OPERATING_MARGIN, EPS_EST_CUR_YEAR,QTRLY_EARNINGS_GROWTH,RETURN_ON_ASSETS

$SKIPLINES 5
$SEPARATOR ,
$CONT 1
$GROUP 255
$DEBUG 1
$NOQUOTES 1
$ALLOWNEG 1

Thanks & Regards
Ken
Strange problem. Try this and see whther it works

type the following line in the format file u use: (dont copy and paste retype it and try)

Hi tanewbie

Can you please provide me with the relavent information? I'm have an urgent need for this... Hope you understand... :thumb:

Thx
Ravi

Hi tanewbie

Is it from the paid section in capitalmarkets.com that you are downloading these information or from the free section in the site? All the databases it seems are in the paid section.

Regards
Ravi

Xaero

The data is from capitalmarket.com and its quite reliable. However one should always double check b4 acting on the info.
Thanks for the warning. I don't know much about fundamentals just learning for now.

Thank you.