Back-tested results show 20k to 200k in 9 months !

4xpipcounter

Narass, I am not normally the belligerent type, but along with what Linkon mentioned concerning the human emotion, let me mentioned a few things.

There is hardly a system that can hardly ever be backtested. After all, I can show stochastics crossing over on any given market, any given timeframe, and show how you can make millions. The problem is that it all looks good on paper. The same can be said for an MA crossover system, and even a chart S&R system. This is because when you look in the rearview mirror, it is so easy to say, "This is where the entry would have been, and this is where I would exit.

If the system works that well for you, then do not come into a forum like this one broadcasting it, because everyone will be doing it, and then all would have the power to bankrupt every broker in the world.
Does the previous comment sound far-fetched? That means you could convert that 20K into 2M in 18 months, or even 200M in 36 months. How many of us in this forum would need to get together making that money when every broker in the world would be out of business?

I say forward test your method for 1 year. If you are getting the same results then come back and prove it. The thing is you would be on to something so hot, there is no way you would want to come back, because you are going to want to hoard the money.

Let me, as a friend (I know this all sounds cruel.), if you develop that kind of winning system, fly under the radar. Your broker is going to know real fast about all the money you are making.

rkkarnani

Hello Narass, Good approach.
My request is that, have you tested your strategy.. in complete bear market phase..If not, please back test it in two or three bear market phases...
Interesting to know the results of it...

Keep up good work..
Take care
Sai, Its not Bull or Bear market but the Sideways market that "slaughters" the traders... one can do good in any trend Bull or Bear but....
The major deterrent in System trading is the "trader" him/herself.... as pointed out here by others, I too strongly believe "discipline" is the key... add to it Money management etc. etc..

rkkarnani

yup...

intraday 5 min data for any period for scrips value Rs 50 to Rs 800 wud be good to have for backtesting

thanx
Narass, if you have Metastock, I can send you the entire folder having all the Future stocks. If not, i.e if u dont hv Metastock, then please specify the stocks.
I insisit on Futures becoz ur strategy in not "Long Only" one and we can short sell in Futures only.

4xpipcounter

Tell me about it! I've been long the USD/CHF, in knowing it will eventually pop up, but waiting for the trip to go east is almost torture.
I had 2 shorts on the EUR/USD today-- 20 pips on the 1st trade, and 42 on the 2nd. Both were entered at separate intervals at 1.3827. It just won't get moving. Nevertheless, I'll still take the little the market coughed up to me.

Sai, Its not Bull or Bear market but the Sideways market that "slaughters" the traders... one can do good in any trend Bull or Bear but....
The major deterrent in System trading is the "trader" him/herself.... as pointed out here by others, I too strongly believe "discipline" is the key... add to it Money management etc. etc..