Anybody using IRIS?

marcus

I remeber Sachin C once told me he's using it, but he dosen't seem to be around anymore, guess he's too busy as a consultant to MF these days

IRIS is Good Software. But it is only for cash market not for F&O. And this used for Technical known people only. Like Metastock, it would not give any Signals. This is just live chart that all. They are giving some study tools.

ARASU TT

H

hari09omkar

Iris Is A Good Data Vendor.I Like Their Staff's Assistance. Whenever I Get Difficulties They Are Ready To Help Me.
But It Is Not Giving Live Fno Data,only Eod For Fno.
Software Is Very User Friendly.
But If You Are Wanting Something Like Backtesting Or Sophisticated System Development Or Optimization, IRIS Is Not The One.......

dear hari09okar

well when i asked them abt FNO they told me that its under testing phase and will release soon......i got the demo CD yesterday and tried...yes its nice
for assistance and NO backtesting ....for this i would use MS and Amibroker

well thanks dear

have a nice day
JB

H

hari09omkar

dear hari09okar

yes its nice
for assistance and NO backtesting ....for this i would use MS and Amibroker

JB
john......1.you can't use IRIS data to any other software in this world except IRIS.so NO metastock or amibroker alongwith IRIS....2.they are saying to me about this real time futures data to be available within a few months from march......but till today I haven't got that.....the management wrote to me few days back that they can't make me sure about the date from which the live futures data will be available.......so be careful before subscribing.

john......1.you can't use IRIS data to any other software in this world except IRIS.so NO metastock or amibroker alongwith IRIS....2.they are saying to me about this real time futures data to be available within a few months from march......but till today I haven't got that.....the management wrote to me few days back that they can't make me sure about the date from which the live futures data will be available.......so be careful before subscribing.
Hi,

I refer to Hari09omkar's comment. Is this factually correct? Has anyone tried / or know of anyone who has tried to inspect and convert IRIS data structures (EOD and/or Intraday) into ASCII to use in Metastock or Amibroker?

I use IRIs from time im-memorial (one of their first clients:)) and its a fantastic software. I does'nt do everything, but what it does it does well. Their data is also good. Considering its not cheap, it would make a lot of sense if we could add value to our subscription by using the data on other softwares like MS or AB for backtesting.

So has anyone succesfully found a way to use IRIS data on other softwares?

PS:
The guys at Spider. I know you are reading this. If you dont open up your database structures soon, someone will find a way to do it and then you will be fighting a losing battle. Notice how Equis open up their data structures and are now the defacto industry standard for any TA package or data downloader. It hasnt hurt their sales any. On the contrary, it has led to succesful ancillarisation.

kazaan
Trade well. Trade wise.

don't know about the software but IRIS , once they get your email address they are EXPORT SPAMMERS. they will not let you unsubscribe and keep on bambarding your email with offers. i had to bambard them with my own automated messages after which they stopped.