Am I eligible for ONGC bonus shares ?

alroyraj

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I bought 70 shares of ONGC on 20/12/2010. Am I eligible for bonus shares ?
Investopedia explains Ex-Date
This is the date on which the seller, and not the buyer, of a stock will be entitled to a recently announced dividend. The ex-date is usually two business days before the record date. It is indicated in newspaper listings with an x.

Ex date was 20th Dec. So No.

Last edited:

alroyraj

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I bought 70 shares of ONGC on 20/12/2010. Am I eligible for bonus shares ?
Ivestopedia explains Ex-Date
This is the date on which the seller, and not the buyer, of a stock will be entitled to a recently announced dividend. The ex-date is usually two business days before the record date. It is indicated in newspaper listings with an x.

Record Date: A day before Book Closure period is Record Date. Only the investors who are in the share transfer books of a company on the end of the day on Record Date is eligible for the corporate benefits.

Ex-Date: It is the date on which the corporate benefit is reflected in the share price. The investors who hold the securities just before this day are eligible for corporate benefits. The people who buy shares on or after this date are not eligible for the benefits.

Record date and Ex-Date both sound similar? There is a difference. If we buy a security today the share will get delivered to your account after T+2 days. Usually there is a difference of 1 or 2 trading days between Record date and Ex-date. If you buy a security 1 day before Ex-date the share will be on your name in the books of share holders of the company before the record date and you will be eligible for the benefits. Buyers who buy the shares on or after the Ex-Date are not eligible for the same.

Ivestopedia explains Ex-Date

Record Date: A day before Book Closure period is Record Date. Only the investors who are in the share transfer books of a company on the end of the day on Record Date is eligible for the corporate benefits.

Ex-Date: It is the date on which the corporate benefit is reflected in the share price. The investors who hold the securities just before this day are eligible for corporate benefits. The people who buy shares on or after this date are not eligible for the benefits.

Record date and Ex-Date both sound similar? There is a difference. If we buy a security today the share will get delivered to your account after T+2 days. Usually there is a difference of 1 or 2 trading days between Record date and Ex-date. If you buy a security 1 day before Ex-date the share will be on your name in the books of share holders of the company before the record date and you will be eligible for the benefits. Buyers who buy the shares on or after the Ex-Date are not eligible for the same.
Thanks for your respose. But still I am not able to understand whether I will get bonus shares or not. Because I bought the shares on 20/12/2010, but it came to my demat balance on 22/12/2010. Now can u tell me whether I am eligible or not.

superman

Thanks for your respose. But still I am not able to understand whether I will get bonus shares or not. Because I bought the shares on 20/12/2010, but it came to my demat balance on 22/12/2010. Now can u tell me whether I am eligible or not.
Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Ltd has informed BSE that December 21, 2010 has been fixed as the Record Date for the purpose of payment of Interim Dividend.

If by that record date you have shares in DEMAT then only you can get dividend ..
So you are not going to get dividend.

http://lastbull.com/nse-quotes-–-record-date-book-closure-dateex-datebc-start-datebc-end-date/
If you had bought the share at 16th Dec, You would have got dividend amount

Last edited:
Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Ltd has informed BSE that December 21, 2010 has been fixed as the Record Date for the purpose of payment of Interim Dividend.

If by that record date you have shares in DEMAT then only you can get dividend ..
So you are not going to get dividend.
he is asking about bonus shares and not about dividend.. :)

Hi to everyone. Iam a new enterant to your community. I have Hindoilexp. stocks @135.
It is going down. Can anyone suggest monday predictions?