Algo Trading @MasterTrust

Rohit, let me put things in perspective... First things first.. The company is very healthy and making profits year on year.. It is a listed company and all data is available in public.. Second...algo trading is certainly profitable if ur algo is profitable.. If ur rules for taking trades are sound..then yes it is profitable.... No wonder there are names like tower capital, renaissance capital who are making tonnes of money year on year...

Rohit, to add further... Yes we do algo trading and very high frequency stuff.. So we are not talking things which we don't understand....I would have loved your response if u had seen the offering being given by us.... U would have probably realized that we don't give a strategy to trade.. We give a system which can automate ur strategy... So the idea remains that we are enablers for those savvy traders who have a good strategy and want automation to leverage technology and improve their trading....

The idea of this forum and marketing is that we are in business of serving clients and if we don't market our product then we don't have the business to be in a business.....hope that I am able to address all ur queries/apprehensions...Cheers

Go and check your company's debit balance sheet sir, it is above 50 crores.

Anyway its by and large clear that you are an employee of this sinking ship (company) :D:rofl:

My humble question then why not you and your company is earning in tonnes why you are preaching it to others ? Instead of earning in tonnes why are selling to others @ the cost of pennies? Are you Jusus:confused::D

Please stop fooling others.
Dear Rohit,

A debit balance is not reflective of loss... It is reflective of debtors..like any business there are debtors and creditors... U must check the profit after tax number.... Any good fundamental analyst will tell u the difference...

And yes we are making money on our algo trading and its not tonnes but substantial....after all it is a function of capital... We don't have access to unlimited capital ..wish we had that liberty and that kind of risk appetite as well.... We work within the capital allocated to trading business and the risk appetite from that segment...

For the record, I am not just an employee... U may check my profile on the annual report of u r keen to appreciate the thought processes in building this company and solutions for clients ...cheers

Dear Rohit, u may get the data scrutinized at ur ease.. Its all in public domain.. Our strategy and segmentation is purely our prerogative....If u don't like a service u have all the very right not to use it... If u feel we are not a good company then why bother spend so much time on this thread...

@Rohit

On going through your posts I rather suspect you have got some scores to settle with Master Trust or the broking industry in general. I have the same issues perhaps, but I can't recommend your way of tilting at the windmill without offering some logical arguments why you hate Master Trust (or love others) in particular. The balance sheet cannot be a tool for decision making; I may be broke today and rise from the ashes tomorrow with determination and skill. I prefer to think the following way:

1) statistics say 3% traders make consistent profits. Assuming most of them are not armed with "insider" knowledge, how do they make it? There must be both science and art in their trading. If I can learn it, I can become a member of that 3% club. So trading by itself cannot be bad. We the traders make it so.

2) Do most brokers cheat? I don't know, but I have heard so. You just might know better. If you have concrete evidence, I will join my hands with yours.

3) The point overlooked is the entire trading system/tools are designed to make traders bleed, and mostly so in India. The terminals are designed without the barest protection to the trader, logic and condition-based orders, etc. etc. etc...

4) I have tried some of the brokers you have mentioned and have at least talked to the others. I find they are bigger manipulators. You are only bound for hell with high brokerage and high user charges for their platforms. I have been assessing ALL the Indian opportunities in algo for the last 24 months, and they are NOT for the common traders.

5) I have taken to Master Trust for algo. Their cost is very low, but data not as consistent as it should be and their trading terminal Master Trader v 3.0 throws up tantrums now and then. But if one can afford to keep a light vigil while MT 3 is working there should not be major hiccups for small traders ( I don't know how it will behave if it punches for 10 clients, 10 lots of 10 different stocks in the Master Trader Dealer) I should say Value for Money but by no means an "excellent" system.

The major problem with Master Trust is its unwillingness to become the best boy in the class and chalta hai rules its mind.

AND btw,,,,,

I really really feel sorry for your dad. I have lost not crore(s) but something comparable to disastrous effect. But believe me, ATS is the only escape route. I am holding negotiations to operate someone's fund and if that works out profitably for my client I will give a straw your father can clutch on.

Last edited:
I am not against you or your company but I am against this Broking industry, where 99.99% traders are likely to loose their hard earned money later or sooner.

My father have demats in around 20 brokers house including you. He has lost approx 10 crores in last 20 years. He had to sell some of our properties ......

I don't like this business at all !! 99% people are craps here and full of dubious assurances:mad::annoyed:
Dear Rohit,

I am sorry for the losses incurred by your family. It is a big loss and very painful.

My advise would be to introspect ur past and learn from the mistakes and try and avoid in future but don't loose hope.

If I were u, I would look back and see the reasons for losses with respect to portfolio level risk control...like was it leverage, lack of diversification or stock selection. Invariably while discussing with clients ... these reasons form the main reason for agony...
Best of the thinkers always have pointed out this that 20% is skill of trader/strategy and 80% is money management. Investors keep focusing on the 20% aspect only and not the 80% part.

Best of luck

Well give me a written guarantee with minimum return of above 3% per month. Let me know how much amount is required for ATS:confused:

Lets say 10 Crores....

Upto 3% we are earning in our real estate business, So we need more than that:D
There is no guarantee anywhere.... Precisely the reason money management is very important.
If u r getting 3% per month in real estate then u shouldn't bother looking at any other asset class... At 36% annual compounding rate... U can beat Warren buffet hands down.. So why bother abt trading and stock market..

Kindly allow the discussions here related to our product as clearly ur domain is real estate and here we are trying to discuss solution for those who still embrace equity investing.

Thanks