A tool for Fundamental Analysis

Hi,
It is very easy.
From the balance sheet get Share capital.and reserves.
From P/L a/c get Net Profit and dividend paid.

EPS= Net profit/No. of equity shares.
(here you have to calculate no of equity shares by dividing share the
capital by the face value of each share)

Dividend per share= dividend paid/no of eq shares.

Book value per share= (equity capital+reserves)/no.of equity shares

The warren buffet tool is an excellant one to get the fundas of a company.
happy investing'
dinesh kudva

Hi Dinesh

Madras aluminium Projection looks very attractive.

but the theory discourages commodity stocks

Regards
Suresh
Thanks Suresh for the reply. I am pleased to share my worksheet
analysis of Sundaram Clayton. I have included a field called Intrinsic Value
based on formula by Benjamin Graham, in cell G14. Kindly see whether it is ok.

Thank you,
Dinesh Kudva

Last edited:
reg warren buffet analysis of Sundarm Clayton how did you get the past 8 years data of all the parameters EPS DPS BVPS High and low prices etc. When I tried to do this analysis for some scrips I could not get more than two or three years data. what is the url
thanks

reg warren buffet analysis of Sundarm Clayton how did you get the past 8 years data of all the parameters EPS DPS BVPS High and low prices etc. When I tried to do this analysis for some scrips I could not get more than two or three years data. what is the url
thanks
Hi venkat
You can get past 10 years balance sheet and p/l data from http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/currentquote.cms?
and price history for 7 years from http://sify.com/finance/equity/quotes/eqmultiple.php?

I hope this willsolve your problem. From these datas I have explained in this same thread how to calculate EPS,BVPS and DPS.

The buffet worksheet posted by Suresh is fantastic.

Happy investing.
Dinesh:)

Hi Dinesh,

will sundram clayton be a buy/sell looking at the intrinsic value and its current price. Could you explain the relavance of using the intrinsic value

Thanks
Ashish

Dinesh
thank you very much for all the details. I shall go thorugh the two webpages you have given and try to configure buffet'a analysis . I also saw your message regarding how to calcualte EPS, DPS and BVPS. thanks once again . have you crated any macro in excel for Buffet,s analaysis.

Hi Dinesh

Thanks for the value add.

For Sundaram clayton the results you have got are very similar to the one I had, except for the year High low data input, I had input different values so got a slightly different results. I will revisit my data and let you know he reasons for the difference.

Thanks
Suresh

Hi Dinesh,

will sundram clayton be a buy/sell looking at the intrinsic value and its current price. Could you explain the relavance of using the intrinsic value

Thanks
Ashish
Hi ashish,
Well intrinsicvalue tells us the actual fundamental value of the scrip.It is very conservative.If the intr value is above mkt price then it is a good buy signal. But in the Bull markets like this it is hard to find such bargains.
I liked the stock for the following reasons.

1.It has consistently growing EPS and ROE.
2. It belongs to a group which is known for ethical management and
integrity.
3. In the medium term it looks attractive provided ther is no downside
in the auto sector in general.

In fact I have picked up a small lot in it.
The PE ratio is a bit high. So it has to be closley watched after
buying for any negetive news and results.

Happy investing
Dinesh:)

Hi Dinesh

Thanks for the value add.

For Sundaram clayton the results you have got are very similar to the one I had, except for the year High low data input, I had input different values so got a slightly different results. I will revisit my data and let you know he reasons for the difference.

Thanks
Suresh
Hi suresh
My price data for 2000 and 2001 is not accurate as I couldnt get the datas.I put an assumed figure for the 2 years. Is there any site where we can get 10 year h/l data?
thanks
dinesh