Votes: 15 8.4%
  • Relationship Articles

Votes: 20 11.2%
  • Behavoiral articles

Votes: 47 26.4%

• Total voters

amitrandive

Immortal words from the movie The Pursuit of Happyness

Christopher Gardner :Hey. Don't ever let somebody tell you... You can't do something. Not even me. All right?
Christopher :All right.
Christopher Gardner :You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period.

Immortal words from the movie The Pursuit of Happyness

Christopher Gardner :Hey. Don't ever let somebody tell you... You can't do something. Not even me. All right?
Christopher :All right.
Christopher Gardner :You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period.
Wrong teaching, IMO. Teaches sort of extremism. The kids need to be taught the balance between conforming and doing your own thing.

amitrandive

Wrong teaching, IMO. Teaches sort of extremism. The kids need to be taught the balance between conforming and doing your own thing.
TP

Fabulous words in context of the movie.
Please watch movie to get full context.

http://www.self-esteem-school.com/the-pursuit-of-happiness.html
One of the key lessons I learnt from the movie The Pursuit of Happiness is that You can't let people discourage you from your dreams just because they have be unsuccessful themselves.

If you remember the scene on the basketball court when the character will smith was playing was trying to discourage his son from spending too much time on the basketball court because he didn't feel his son could excel at the sport. He was probably giving his son this advice due to the many failures he had experienced, not just from his failures at the sport but from his failures in life in general.

And that's what people do, just because they haven't succeeded at something, they try to discourage you from it as well, whose to say you won't succeed where they failed?

Don't let people make you a victim to their failures and unhappiness, don't let them kill your dream by projecting their negativity on you.
Check the clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPEdwaLQLag

Last edited:
Here is the inspirational quote from a movie that is pretty close to the gospel truth, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Vg4uyYwEk

You know, watching these English movies is not a problem, I do that all the time. The problem is hearing them :). All that foreign accept sounds like the whistle of a pressure or other kitchen sounds. So I am always on the lookout for English movies with English subtitles.

Blackhole

Would you leave your elite job profile for a humane act like this one?

How often do you come across people who give away everything they have to help others, here’s one guy who has done it… He was a Top Chef at Taj Hotel, Bengaluru and was shortlisted for an elite job in Switzerland but he quit it all when he came across this a distressing sight … He said, “I saw a very old man, literally eating his own human waste out of hunger. I went to the nearby hotel and asked them what was available. They had idli, which I bought and gave to the old man. Believe me, I had never seen a person eating so fast, ever. As he ate the food, his eyes were filled with tears. Those were the tears of happiness.” He left his job and since then he has been feeding the homeless and mentally disabled in his hometown. His motto today is: Ultimate purpose of life is to give. So start giving and see the Joy of giving.

******** unfortunately, i failed to pull up his photo or video ****